Roche

MS11

Freshman
I believe Roche will be our best 1 and done pick up we’ve had. For those of you that like watching tape I attached the link to his game vs Tulane and it’s incredibly impressive. Sure competition isn’t great but the tools he shows is what are impressive not the fact he’s beating lesser competition.

Advertisement
All in all, we're talking about a guy who is 6'3 240-245?

Dude must be a **** of a technician. Watching video..

Got through half the tape before concluding Trevon Hill is better. Although I have a reputation when it comes to judging talent.

Got through half the tape before concluding Trevon Hill is better. Although I have a reputation when it comes to judging talent.
Watch the whole thing gets better as the game goes on he’s toying with the OTs. And I’d like to point out Khalil Mack at the combine was 6’3 251 and Von Miller was 6’3 246 I believe so that size isn’t really a problem

Quincy’s got a 3rd round grade on him already. Trevon never had that. Plus the talent is no where near the same.

Advertisement
Thanks for the quarantine content. Actually watched Roche's games agains Cincinnati and North Carolina last night.

I believe he will be a big upgrade over Garvin because of his effort and physicality. He plays hard against the run and pass and finishes. He also has a devastating inside move as a standup rusher.

Thanks for the quarantine content. Actually watched Roche's games agains Cincinnati and North Carolina last night.

I believe he will be a big upgrade over Garvin because of his effort and physicality. He plays hard against the run and pass and finishes. He also has a devastating inside move as a standup rusher.
Sets up he’s rushes very well. Extremely hard to read in first few steps doesn’t tip off his rush. Club-bend is his bread and butter but counters with swim inside and an extremely impressive bull rush/long arm. Most advanced pass rusher on roster easily

Advertisement

Astronomical upgrade.

Also, it shouldn't be lost on our fans that we've been doing pretty well by our legit grad transfers. They aren't exactly Jalen Hurts over here, but they've improved their stock while here. You used to pound the table for Adrian Colbert...I've pounded the table for KJ Osborn and both are now NFL Football players.

I think Roche - athletic testing pending - looked like a guy that could have been a Day 2 pick this year and when you look at the EDGE class with guys like Darrell Taylor, Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Greenard going in R3, I don't think its a stretch to say Roche could have been a 3rd Round pick...at the very least, he could have been an early Day 3 pick. Again, provided he doesn't test like an absolute - Trevon Hill-like - bum.

He's definitely very interesting this year. IMO, very different than Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips...can play all three downs...I think he's going to be an upgrade against the run. Very disruptive player. Low key, I think RIGHT NOW, he's our best draft prospect. I hope he shows out this season legit...would like to see him - like KJ Osborn - come in, work hard, get his and upgrade his draft stock to a Top of Day 2 type of player.

After watching the video, are you starting Roche or Phillips.

Phillips and his 6'5 265 frame might be the better plan on obvious rushing downs. Then insert this champ on 3rd downs?

Roche is a smaller dend but he can play, not sure what that means in terms of the draft for him this year but he should be productive

Advertisement
After watching the video, are you starting Roche or Phillips.

Phillips and his 6'5 265 frame might be the better plan on obvious rushing downs. Then insert this champ on 3rd downs?
Roche doesn’t have any problems holding up in the run game I’d have a consistent rotation though. Having fresh DEs is a big plus and on third down I’d move Greg inside (his best pass rushing position) with another DT and have Roche and Phillips on the outside cause they have the best outside pass rush ability (maybe Harvey but don’t really know with him yet.

Astronomical upgrade.

Also, it shouldn't be lost on our fans that we've been doing pretty well by our legit grad transfers. They aren't exactly Jalen Hurts over here, but they've improved their stock while here. You used to pound the table for Adrian Colbert...I've pounded the table for KJ Osborn and both are now NFL Football players.

I think Roche - athletic testing pending - looked like a guy that could have been a Day 2 pick this year and when you look at the EDGE class with guys like Darrell Taylor, Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Greenard going in R3, I don't think its a stretch to say Roche could have been a 3rd Round pick...at the very least, he could have been an early Day 3 pick. Again, provided he doesn't test like an absolute - Trevon Hill-like - bum.

He's definitely very interesting this year. IMO, very different than Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips...can play all three downs...I think he's going to be an upgrade against the run. Very disruptive player. Low key, I think RIGHT NOW, he's our best draft prospect. I hope he shows out this season legit...would like to see him - like KJ Osborn - come in, work hard, get his and upgrade his draft stock to a Top of Day 2 type of player.

OK, I'm not crazy. Roche isn't that good lol. He's standing around half the time in the OP video. He's also small. A 320 pound tackle will eat his lunch. Upgrade against the run?? Garvin was exceptional vs the run. We'll see if Roche even comes close to his TFL numbers.

As of right now, Roche is 4th on my DE depth chart due to his lack of running stuffing ability. Although, he's the second best pass rusher on our team.

There's a lot going against Roche. I'm rooting for him, but don't act like he has a clear path to take over the Dline and be an AA

Advertisement
OK, I'm not crazy. Roche isn't that good lol. He's standing around half the time in the OP video. He's also small. A 320 pound tackle will eat his lunch. Upgrade against the run?? Garvin was exceptional vs the run. We'll see if Roche even comes close to his TFL numbers.

As of right now, Roche is 4th on my DE depth chart due to his lack of running stuffing ability. Although, he's the second best pass rusher on our team.

There's a lot going against Roche. I'm rooting for him, but don't act like he has a clear path to take over the Dline and be an AA
You can't possibly be this dumb right? Roche had 13 sacks last season in a conference arguably as good, if not better than ours.

Astronomical upgrade.

Haha funny you’d say that I was going to say the same thing about him being our best current prospect but knew it would get push back because of Rousseau. He’s WAY more developed than Rousseau only reason Rousseau is listed that high right now in mocks is cause of the numbers he put up and having another year to improve his craft. If he doesn’t improve this year he won’t go as high as projected right now cause he’s far from a finished project

Pass rush wise no one on the team is doing the things Roche does in that video.

Advertisement
Back