Roche to the Steelers

You're more optimistic about DeCastro than me as I kinda view him and Villanueva on the same trajectory with Ale just a few paces ahead toward being washed. But fingers effing crossed you're right as I'm in no rush toward a rebuild season(s) with Rudolph as a "bridge" QB.
I think that abdominal injury DeCastro suffered last year hampered him more than he let on, and as an OL, once your core is compromised, you're toast. Plus he seemed really affected by playing in front of empty stadiums, you could hear it in his interviews, he just wasn't enjoying it. I think he bounces back this year, especially if Canada can get the offense humming

Advertisement
He woulda been right where he was. He put out good tape for us, went to sr bowl and did well.
Only reason I see his fall is measurements something he couldn't change at Temple
When I saw joshua kaindoh get dfatd in 4th before Quincy off I dont know what film, has to be off measureables or something I knew it was some BS..

Good landing spot for him. Surprised he dropped so far, but good program to be apart of, that may fit his skill set a bit more.
Agree with this. I am also quite surprised to see Quincy drop this far but as you said the Steeler organization is a good one. What I see with Roche is an excellent football player with a high football IQ. He has a great motor and gives 100% effort. Throw in a great attitude and what I see is a 6th round pick that will provide the Steelers with outstanding value. I can easily see Roche having a long and very solid/good career. Pittsburgh has a real knack for finding players in the later rounds who fit their scheme and give them a huge return on their initial investment. Great pick to get Quincy Roche in the 6th round.

Advertisement
Agree with this. I am also quite surprised to see Quincy drop this far but as you said the Steeler organization is a good one. What I see with Roche is an excellent football player with a high football IQ. He has a great motor and gives 100% effort. Throw in a great attitude and what I see is a 6th round pick that will provide the Steelers with outstanding value. I can easily see Roche having a long and very solid/good career. Pittsburgh has a real knack for finding players in the later rounds who fit their scheme and give them a huge return on their initial investment. Great pick to get Quincy Roche in the 6th round.

I know what round a player gets drafted is important, both for salary & roster purposes; but equally as important, for survival, is what team drafts you. Pittsburgh is both a solid organization, notorious for getting the best out of low draft round draft picks, and it’s a good system fit, as well.

Congrats, Quincy. Work hard and go make a name for yourself in the NFL. Pittsburgh is a great franchise.

Rest pick for the Steelers and Roche.
Steelers get a 3-4 olb and Roche goes to a team that values draft picks and can accurately use his skill set.

Advertisement
Back