Roche to the Steelers

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good landing spot for him. Surprised he dropped so far, but good program to be apart of, that may fit his skill set a bit more.
Cant believe he fell this far in the draft. Productive Senior year. Performed well at the Senior Bowl and his Pro Day. Makes no sense other than scouts seeing him as a 3-4 LB/DE. Still, the number of guys selected ahead of him that he is much better than is just crazy. Even FCS guys were drafted ahead of him.

The good news is that he's on the right team for his skillset and should have a great opportunity to stick in the league.

He woulda been right where he was. He put out good tape for us, went to sr bowl and did well.
Only reason I see his fall is measurements something he couldn't change at Temple
Getting stonewalled by Darrisaw this year didn't help. That game has been repeated over and over leading up to the draft.

I think going pro last year would've been his best move, but ultimately not that much a difference. Maybe a 4th/5th instead of a 6th.

Steelers are a good fit for him though so happy to see that.

Advertisement
Roche slipped in the draft to the 6th round, but he was drafted higher than many recent Canes DLs (2015-2020), including Trevon Hill (UDFA), Jonathan Garvin (7th round), Gerald Willis (UDFA) and Trent Harris (UDFA). Only Joe Jackson (5th round) and Chad Thomas (3rd round) were the Canes DLs who were drafted higher (2015-2020). Al-Quadin Muhammad and Anthony Chickillo were also 6th round picks

Sad state of affairs, but hopefully 2021 will be the beginning of a new trend for Canes DLs

Last edited:
Roche slipped in the draft to the 6th round, but he was drafted higher than many recent Canes DLs (2015-2020), including Trevon Hill (UDFA), Jonathan Garvin (7th round), Gerald Willis (UDFA) and Trent Harris (UDFA). Only Joe Jackson (5th round) and Chad Thomas (3rd round) were the Canes DLs who were drafted higher (2015-2020). Al-Quadin Muhammad and Anthony Chickillo were also 6th round picks

Sad state of affairs, but hopefully 2021 will be the beginning of a new trend for Canes DLs
Need too. Kids want to get to the league

tremendous value for my Steelers. We were in desperate need of an EDGE guy to put in the rotation behind Watt and Highsmith
I think we'll see Quincy pass up Highsmith sooner rather than later but I do love the immediate depth he's going to provide to that area of need for our Steez.

I'm still questioning that Freiermuth pick though.

Advertisement
Great pick for my Steelers! Hope he shows up with a chip on his shoulder for dropping so far in the draft. I'm excited to follow him with the Steelers.

STEELER NATION

Steelers are a bunch of talentless c.um dumpsters, however, they'll give Roche as good a chance as any. They don't give a **** when he was drafted unlike some teams.

I think we'll see Quincy pass up Highsmith sooner rather than later but I do love the immediate depth he's going to provide to that area of need for our Steez.

I like Freiermuth, provided he comes back 100% from the shoulder injury. I think he'll bring a Heath-like game to the burgh

Advertisement

I like Quincy, but passing up Highsmith is going to be tough. The problem Pittsburgh has is they won't be able to stash Quincy on the Practice Squad because I think another team will snatch him up.

I like Freiermuth, provided he comes back 100% from the shoulder injury. I think he'll bring a Heath-like game to the burgh
I have no problem with him as a player and if he's another Heath that'll be beyond phenomenal but our interior o-line is a dumpster fire so I was fully expecting/hoping that to be the pick there. Would've preferred they just took Brevin later as a "luxury" pick even though Freiermuth is obviously a better blocker.

I have no problem with him as a player and if he's another Heath that'll be beyond phenomenal but our interior o-line is a dumpster fire so I was fully expecting/hoping that to be the pick there. Would've preferred they just took Brevin later as a "luxury" pick even though Freiermuth is obviously a better blocker.
Dotson is a stud, and I think Decastro returns to form this year. As long as that C from Illinois works out, we got ourselves a stew goin

Dotson is a stud, and I think Decastro returns to form this year. As long as that C from Illinois works out, we got ourselves a stew goin
You're more optimistic about DeCastro than me as I kinda view him and Villanueva on the same trajectory with Ale just a few paces ahead toward being washed. But fingers effing crossed you're right as I'm in no rush toward a rebuild season(s) with Rudolph as a "bridge" QB.

Advertisement
Back