Roberts turns in big performance at Rivals Miami, talks Canes afterwards

Advertisement
I think Matt Walters studied mechanical engineering when he played here.

Tough row to hoe to do engineering while being on a major sports team.

Honorable, but a lot of work to be done, for sure.

My best friend majored in Electrical Engineering back in the day and makes a pretty comfortable living. Your son will be fine here and will have a profession after the NFL.

That Tennessee quarterback josh dobbs was an aerospace engineer when he was playing for the vols. It’s uncommon but doable if you’re dedicated. Me personally, I think it’s impossible. I’m a senior mechanical engineering major and I have enough work to do and my athletic career ended after high school

Yeah tell that to kids that go the Bama, UGA, Florida, Etc. Kids don’t care that much as you’re trying to make it seem about position coaches. You’ll find some but kids who truly care but mostly position coaches don’t move the needle. There are lot more things on the top of the list

If you say so.

Bama, their track record of top quality coaches, starting with Saban speaks for itself. They can sell that they produce winning season after winning season with draft picks produced. They have high turnover, but they just reload that staff and lots of times its with younger, hungry coaches, who relate well with the young bucks.

UGA, same thing, but not to the extent of Bama obviously. Smart and his ties to Bama, that's a recruiting advantage as well.

UF, lesser extent than those above, but SEC angle. They haven't exactly killed it, but doing well. Mullen is going to do well there.

You want to know where a recruit is going, find out what coach he's closest to. That is the single biggest tell of them all.

Perfect example is AR82's little bro. He was sold a vision of his future by that staff and that's where he went. You don't think he had love for us when his bro came here? Please, he must've fallen in love with his new school. Too funny.

Advertisement
DE Elijah Roberts – 6-3.5, 267 pounds | 5.01 40-yard dash | 4.81 shuttle | 28.6-inch vert
If that's an electronic time, I'm impressed. I also double down on my belief this kid's a future DT. He's a HS Junior. With proper training and nutrition, think about the 6' 4" 305 pound monster this kid will be when he's testing at the NFL Combine in 2023 or 2024. Work on that explosiveness and core and he'll get his $$$.

What were some of the other numbers on there, @stb?

There is alot of football players across the country who major in any of the engineering disciplines.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hey Mrs. Elijah's Biggest Fan,
Glad you returned to campus and hope you both enjoyed your time. We want you to know that we really want your son to be a Cane.
He will be coached up and will receive a top notch education that will set him up for life after Sundays!
May God bless you both!

And anyone saying otherwise ain’t a fan; just a troll

Advertisement
Back