Roberts turns in big performance at Rivals Miami, talks Canes afterwards

Advertisement
Looks the part for sure, anyone know what the hesitation is with him signing back up before the class fills up?

Advertisement
I don't know much about him, but your word is gold on local recruits. So I'll go with that and others can split hairs about whatever.

I seen him like 3 times in a camp setting and he just did what he want with guys. And thats with him being younger than them.
He was coachable...worked with Simpson individually and a good kid..see mom @Elijah's Biggest Fan. He's a kid if we get signed wouldnt be here more than 3 years if he puts in the work.

If he's really 6' 4" 263 right now, I'd consider him a 3Tech prospect over a SSDE, but let him come in wherever he'd like. He's got all the tools to pull off the 3Tech role and it can be more valuable ($$$) to the next level than a SSDE. Even if he's 6' 3" 250 right now, it's March of his HS Junior season.

Advertisement
Roberts screams 3-tech to me. Literally from the first snap of that highlight video I was thinking 3-tech all the way. Of course this will depend on growth and physical development but he seems to have the body type to grow into an interior lineman. If he does end up as a swing DL I could see him going back and forth from 3 to 5-tech and back but my gut says this kid grows into and remains at 3-tech DT exclusively.

In terms of quality as a prospect I absolutely love Roberts. Now I'm no expert but from what I can see the kid has mad upside especially in the Diaz/Baker/Simpson defense. I love his ability to shed blocks and make plays in the backfield. Uses his hands very well and just seems to have a great feel for the game. With our rebooted S&C program and a coach like Simpson to work with him on the fundamentals, techniques and finer points of the position a talent like Roberts will have every opportunity to be a very productive player here. I predict a huge senior campaign for Roberts.

Last edited:
If he's really 6' 4" 263 right now, I'd consider him a 3Tech prospect over a SSDE, but let him come in wherever he'd like. He's got all the tools to pull off the 3Tech role and it can be more valuable ($$$) to the next level than a SSDE. Even if he's 6' 3" 250 right now, it's March of his HS Junior season.
@LuCane I literally just posted an almost identical opinion of Roberts before reading your post here. I think you're starting to rub off on me. LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Im sure Mom is telling him to love the program and not coaches. As we all know Coaches, move around yearly

Saying stuff like that is cute and all, but it isn't reality. Recruits have a lot of factors to consider and their soon to be coaches is a huge part of why they make the decisions they do.

Does the coach produce? How good are they at selling their vision of what they see in you, the recruit. How honest, believable, and real are they? What do the current players think of the coach?

It is naive as **** to say what you did. Sure, coaches can change, but initially they and the current players are the salesmen. Everyone wants to play for a coach that produces and when you get the opportunity to play for one, they'll get you to push yourself further than you ever thought possible.

Saying stuff like that is cute and all, but it isn't reality. Recruits have a lot of factors to consider and their soon to be coaches is a huge part of why they make the decisions they do.

Does the coach produce? How good are they at selling their vision of what they see in you, the recruit. How honest, believable, and real are they? What do the current players think of the coach?

It is naive as **** to say what you did. Sure, coaches can change, but initially they and the current players are the salesmen. Everyone wants to play for a coach that produces and when you get the opportunity to play for one, they'll get you to push yourself further than you ever thought possible.

Yeah tell that to kids that go the Bama, UGA, Florida, Etc. Kids don’t care that much as you’re trying to make it seem about position coaches. You’ll find some but kids who truly care but mostly position coaches don’t move the needle. There are lot more things on the top of the list

Advertisement
Back