Robert Smith on SVP

Advertisement
Florida doesn't have better depth than us. Their RB, Oline, and WR depth is not that good.....they are razor thin at Oline. We have just as good depth on the dline...sure they may have slightly more talent there. At LB we are tied...but I would give them perhaps a slight edge on depth in the secondary.

We have more than enough talent to beat Florida, but we must execute and not turn the ball over.

Florida doesn't have better depth than us. Their RB, Oline, and WR depth is not that good.....they are razor thin at Oline. We have just as good depth on the dline...sure they may have slightly more talent there. At LB we are tied...but I would give them perhaps a slight edge on depth in the secondary.

We have more than enough talent to beat Florida, but we must execute and not turn the ball over.

Sounds overly simple, but it's true. We are equal or better at every position aside from d-line and secondary.

They were big games when we played them because they hadn't loss much or at all. However its funny how those wins get diminished once they lose more after facing us and then all of a sudden our win wasn't that big of a deal even though at the beginning of the season they teams were talked about for making a BCS run. Its all rhetoric.
I've been hearing that a lot. I get that Miami has really **** the bed in big games recently, but ****.

Great point above, when is the last time Miami won a game they were supposed to lose?

2009 Oklahoma and 2011 Ohio State

Didn't they both end up with 5+ losses? I wouldn't call those necessarily big games. If we do beat the Gators, I hope they end up having a season similar to last year.

Disrespect, give us no chance, rooting against us, hate us, pick our foe, who cares! We were always better with world against us. All I want is win them all. TV ratings will get us in the NC game. Doesn't matter who we play, it will be highest rated game ever. Bama, OSU, or ND, vs THE U, doesn't matter, it will get higher rating than any other matchup. Win or lose, we take over recruiting immediately. And as added bonus, we also go back to top of most hated list, with the SEC in 2nd, Bama in 3rd. That is our proper place--most hated.

Advertisement
We dont have as much talent as the Gaytors nor are we as deep. No doubt we can win this with a monumental effort and some turnovers....but we should in no way be favored or expected to win.

Talent, or lack on development, can be argued. I think where UF surpasses us is depth on defense and that's it. I'd take our 2nd team offense over their 1st team.

3.jpeg

I honestly don't understand this. Sure Powell was/is good-to-ok and Morris is good, but I'd take DP and Gaines over both.

I've been hearing that a lot. I get that Miami has really **** the bed in big games recently, but ****.

Great point above, when is the last time Miami won a game they were supposed to lose?

Good question. The most recent one that comes to mind was OU a few years ago. Maybe Va Tech last year?

We were actually the underdog in several games that we won last year and the prior year. So, well they might not have been marquee wins, beating the team that is favored is the definition of winning a game you were supposed to lose.

Advertisement
LOL...Did Robert Smith walk away from his prediction like he walked away from the Minnesota Vikings WHEN THEY NEEDED HIM THE MOST?!?

Some of you guys listened to that Brett Romberg interview on 790 the ticket, had flashbacks of the ole' days, and forgot what year you were in..lol. Are you serious? Why should we get respect? Why should anyone besides the fans on this board believe that we are gonna win on Sat? Because we have Duke? Come on. Need I remind you the last time we were put to the test and went into a game with a ton of momentum we got beaten so bad they started talking about golf in the beginning of the 4th qtr..(The ND game last year.)

We need to PROVE that we can win games like this again. UF already did that. F what happened against L'ville. Those guys went thru the gauntlet last year and came out with just 1 loss. (And they should have won that game if Jordan Reed hadnt had the butter fingers.)

I love my boys too. But lets not kill any analyst that thinks we have zero shot to win this game. Because none of them will.

Advertisement
Who cares what the lead singer of the Cure thinks? I mean hasn't that band been broken up for years. Not to mention isn't he a limey anyway?

Warning, four minutes of UF **** sucking

[video=youtube;HPgrWEpp9nQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HPgrWEpp9nQ[/video]

Al's hair doe

Edit: What the **** is he talking about? Our O line isn't athletic and doesn't pull much? **** outta here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Uh, not sure what video you guys are seeing, but that wasnt **** sucking at all. That was pretty good analysis. Any of you guys thinking different dont know the game. UF's defensive line is amazing.

Advertisement
Back