Robert Lockhart - Highlight film

Advertisement
Wow, I like this kid.

He's a one year HS football kid like Charlie Miller, amazing how they both have the gift to attack the ball with their hands.

Make it happen Al.

Advertisement
think the 6'2" may be a bit of a stretch. he doesn't look like he has a long frame like cooper but he appears to have a better burst and lateral quickness. he does look like more of a home run hitter than any of the guys that we have now. I like him and cooper. give me both please

his defensive highlights are pretty impressive. put that **** at safety. he could def make some plays on the ball back there and appears to like contact.

Nothing really `wowed` me in those highlights....Rashawn Scott had better film imo. This guy looks decent...just not special.

Valid, I disagree. Watch him closely out of his cuts and attack the ball with his hands.

I talked about his highlights and his defensive ability in a separate thread. I was seriously impressed and said that he has arguably the most natural receiving skills of any UMiami recruit over the past 3-4 years. He's a WR, but he could probably play on the other side as well.

I also mentioned on a separate thread that I preferred him to Cooper.

Advertisement
The whole tape is his QB just chucking the ball up to him no matter what the coverage is. Kid is a playmaker.

He doesn`t look bad, but the last 3-4 years? Just off the top my head, Streeter, A. Johnson, Dorsett, Scott, and even K Thompkins had better high school tape imo, The Southward kid that was recently committed looks better to me also.

He looked like he was a good runner with some moves. His QB was just throwing jump balls to him.

Advertisement
I don't claim to have much skill when it comes to evaluating kids at the high school level, but two things stood out to me:

1) Kid isn't afraid to lay out for the ball
and
2) He doesnt mind blocking for the RB or other WRs

Those two things make me happy and if the other comments about him being as skilled as a lot people think... then awesome.

He doesn`t look bad, but the last 3-4 years? Just off the top my head, Streeter, A. Johnson, Dorsett, Scott, and even K Thompkins had better high school tape imo, The Southward kid that was recently committed looks better to me also.

Although Johnson caught the ball with his hands, he was so insanely slow out of his cuts that I just couldn't see the transition to the level expected of him. This guy has better natural receiving skills than Streeter...right now.

Attributes that are crucial for WRs: (1) comfort with their hands and (2) pop out of cuts/breaks.

He has them both better than what I've seen around here. Maybe Phillip Dorsett comes pretty close and I thought of him when I wrote that, but this guy attacks the ball better in the air.

Advertisement
Kid has SICK hands, very natural catcher of the ball. The only knock I can see is his top-end speed is mediocre for his size. But that may be irrelevant at a position like safety.

I love the highlight film at WR - love it, but I would like to see some more defensive clips. If he were to come here (and it not work out at WR for whatever reason) I think he could be the kind of ball-hawking game changing FS this defense is in dire need of - particularly if we are going to continue to run a bunch of Cover-3 zone to try and cover our lack of skill / experience at corner. Roll him deep centerfield and let him roam. Size may be a concern there but if he truly is 6'2" he should have the ability to add some quality mass without losing much burst / speed.

Game is obviously going to be raw so if he is a good kid he can be molded into whatever you need him to be. And while he learns his abundant natural talent can carry him.

And he's a prep kid, so presumably another EE candidate? Sounds like an all around winner to me...get it done Al.

He doesn't look 6' 2" to me. He looks like 5' 11" or *maybe* 6'.

He doesn't look 6' 2" to me. He looks like 5' 11" or *maybe* 6'.

Gadbois was on the visit with close friend Robert Lockhart, a wide receiver prospect.
"They saw him last year but it was late and he was already committed (to Virginia Tech). He came here and they saw
him again and decided to go after him. He's ridiculous. 4.3 speed, goes after it, caches everything. He's 6-1, might have
a 40 inch vertical, attacks it. Against Hargrave at the end of the season vs a kid who signed somewhere,
Robert made him fall on ground 4 times a row. He's a kid who could help right away."

-Gadbois

Advertisement
Back