Robert Burns

We aren't bringing in 2 elite level RBs this cycle (and both are EE I think) for Burns to get any serious consideration next year. Especially if at the EOY player reviews, Lingard is told he will be given every opportunity to be the starting RB or at least 1B alongside Cam. (lets hope this happens.)

I think Manny advises him to transfer if he wants to ever get a fair shake. Seems like a really good kid so Manny at least owes him that much. He never really fully got back to his old self after all those injuries in HS.

Advertisement
I just don't get how running backs can't pick up the blitz and why the QB doesn't recognize it pre snap and change the protection

Jarren just figured out that he isn’t suppose to run out of bounds for 10 yard losses on purpose when he can throw the ball away... so I can imagine the adventure it must be trying to teach him how to recognize blitzes pre snap.

Burns is a talented but his pass blocking was atrocious Saturday

Because he's always been soft...Putting a helmet on a defensive lineman requires you not to be soft.

I agree he's a serviceable backup, nothing elite, below average vision...But pretty much all other traits good enough as a runner. His strength is he hits the hole hard, not elite speed but enough, decent feet for a big man.

Weaknesses = vision, durability, and I did notice what you saw, this kid doesn't wanna block anyone.

Basically a bigger, less explosive Cam Harris

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Robert Burns came in a did a good job inspite of not getting many reps in the past games. I am happy for this young man. My son who is at Duke now played behind him at Gulliver Prep as a junior.

Son at Duke; you must be a proud parent.
I’m a big fan of Burns and hope he plays more so he can get into a groove / rhythm and show what he can do
Although not in the same league, he reminds me a little bit of Hershel Walker.

People dont understand how live reps benefit people, you can practice all you want but it is always different in the games.

Especially for RBs. You hear all great RBs talk and they talk about needing carries to get into the flow of things. I'm sure it happens at other positions but the constant substitution of players is mind boggling.

Every criticism of Burns in this thread improves with reps. If u are buried, counted out and never expect to play, then are thrusted in to play for a team that has quit, you are not gonna have the best day.

Dudes spent the entire offseason underestimating and dismissing Deejay in favor of Cam Harris, now after seeing Burns for 10 carries, he sucks too.

Advertisement
I read a stat where Burns had 21 touches. That should never happen again.

Well if they are ready to ship Lingard out there door (or is he's ****ed at someone, or he's still hurt, whatever the **** is story is), or he's not an option...There's no one else left? The only other option was two way star Jimmy Murphy.

But this is why you recruit a stable instead of the posters who say..."we only need 4 RB"

Burns was really good in highschool I played against him. He to me is too big now he needs to slim down. He has always looked like a ninja turtle but he has to much muscle mass now he looks stiff for a guy who used to be very fluid and sudden

Burns was really good in highschool I played against him. He to me is too big now he needs to slim down. He has always looked like a ninja turtle but he has to much muscle mass now he looks stiff for a guy who used to be very fluid and sudden

You musta caught him early on...

He had no interest in playing football for the last 2 years of his hs career.

Advertisement
I kinda agree. Reminds me of when Yearby decided to get swole as ****. He was still quick but not like he was in HS. Burns moved much better in HS and it seems like he has put on too much mass in his lower body. A big factor that goes into it is putting on this much muscle mass is a loss of flexibility. He seemed faster and had more wiggle in HS

The Loserville beat down Tate and Lingard could of gotten reps....don't u want to see the future? Bad coaching real bad coaching especially knowing we are a bad team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back