Robert Burns

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was wondering who is in charge of the RB rotation.

You need to have at least 3 getting the ball, so that you do not key on what one guys roll is. If you put Lo in, and all he is doing is blocking, everyone in the stadium will catch on. Way to predictable.

Burns for all intents and purposes is a 3 yards and a cloud of dust runner. He is a bruiser. His short comings are vision and agility.

I really like that he has stayed with the program. However is high ranking as a RB was mis=calculated.

He did do well but he was visibly tired to me as the game went on... I don't understand why he got all of the carries and they did not bring in Lingard. Manny needs to be asked about this directly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He did do well but he was visibly tired to me as the game went on... I don't understand why he got all of the carries and they did not bring in Lingard. Manny needs to be asked about this directly.
Well that's to be expected when you don't get any game reps. The conditioning drops off dramatically once the season starts. You need game reps to be in "game shape." You see guys all over college football tired and cramping in game #1 of the season and that's after Fall camp in the blistering heat. So, it's expected for a guy to get tired when he hasn't had any meaningful reps all year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well that's to be expected when you don't get any game reps. The conditioning drop off dramatically once the season starts. You need game reps to be in "game shape." You see guys all over college football tired and cramping in game #1 of the season and that's after Fall camp in the blistering heat. So, it's expected for a guy to get tired when he hasn't had any meaningful reps all year.

I agree, which makes it even more mind-boggling that Lingard was not given carries in relief of Burns.

The curious case of Lingard. Maybe one day we'll truly know what the **** was going on with him behind the scenes. Burns did pretty well considering he's a number 3 back. Big kid, north south runner but he doesn't seem to accelerate too much and he was terrible in blocking on obvious passing downs.

Advertisement
Back