Rob Gronkowski traded to Tampa Bay

From everything that's been posted to Patriots social since he retired, he's lost some weight so he's not going to be the dominating blocker he was, but the loss of weight has allowed him to get a bit faster/quicker. Not sure how true it is but that's the word right now. He's more of a Kelce type TE now rather than a Kittle type.
Honestly I ran into him late last summer and he was scrawny as ****. I was laughing every time someone suggested he would come back. Sure you can add some weight but that kinda stuff isn’t that simple.

Advertisement
Gronk tweeted Jay Glaser a little while ago “I’m baaaaaack!” Also his agent Rosenhaus told a reporter that Gronk will honor his contract this year.

If Gronk stays healthy he'll do really well... but that's a big if.

Advertisement
I’ll always love the way he stumbled toward the sideline trying to tackle Drake with his big stupid elbow brace flailing in the air on that crazy game-winning walk off TD. Nothing he does in Tampa will ever top that.

Will the Gronk be frequenting strip clubs in Tampa...
1n.gif

Advertisement
Gronk stays hurt too much,he's good but I'll still keep Howard.
Was thinking the same thing.

I think both Gronk and Brady will be injured by week 4.

Then the TV Networks will be kicking themselves in the **** for all the Prime Time games they have them scheduled for.

Advertisement
Da Bucs! We got a good TE core, but OJ Howard, although athletic, he is inconsistent. If we trade one of our TE's I rather it be Howard as opposed to Cameron Brate.

If the "was in the coach's doghouse last year" rationale wins out, Howard will be traded.

But if it's about "TE style", then Brate is more likely to be traded. Howard is more of an every-down TE who can block, while Gronk will fill the role played by Brate last year as more of a pass catcher. Plus, Brate makes over 4 million while Howard is at 2 million. Bucs still need to sign some "I wanna win a ring with LeBron" free agents.

Advertisement
So Gronk is the 247 WWE champion. Assuming he keeps the belt and the NFL season goes as planned, can he get his candy *** whipped on the 50 yrd line, since that belt requires he fights anywhere, anytime, anyplace with no warning 24-7?

But seriously, Gronk retired due to "health", yet we find him going into professional wrestling right afterwards. Professional Wrestling may be scripted, but the falls and injuries are real. Now, we see him ready to get back to football now that Tom has found a new home. So between Brady leaving the way he did, Gronk retiring the way he did, and now him willingly coming back......could the Pats be facing what the Bulls of the 90's faced....ego of who is the reason championship are won v. sustained success? Maybe there were some locker room, upper management issues going on there. We tend to see this w/ successful franchises lately.

the new cba doesn't allow weed suspensions and gronk has been drinking cbd by the gallon since he retired. the 24/7 championship is more of a meme belt where you take a bump or two, but it's mostly promos. he probably took more serious contact in the first week of any given training camp than he did in his entire time with wwe so far. a lot of things had to come together to get gronk to come back along with a year away from the demands of playing in the league.

Pats send Gronk and a 7th to TB for a 4th this year. My Pats should have pushed for OJ or Brate but I'm not mad at getting a 4th for a guy who we technically didn't even have.

gronk getting reinstated would've tanked the cap for the pats so there was no trade leverage to grab a player in the deal. essentially swapped a 4th for a 7th because he was never going to play for the pats again.

Conversation between Tom Brady and Bruce Airans:

Tom: I want AB
Bruce: you can’t have AB
T: I WANT AB I WANT AB I WANT AB
B: (sigh) you can’t have AB ... do you want Gronk? Would Gronk make you happy
T: (under he’s breath) fpfff... I guess
B: I can’t hear you
T: I SAID I GUESS. OH MY GOD. YOURE NOT MY REAL DAD (slams door)

Advertisement
Back