Advertisement
who are the UF guys?

Yes do tell

Just take it for what it is

**** yall crazy *** mofos can't take any good information w/o being skeptical

if it changes ill drop you some more info

I dont trust you *****

you shouldn't

Well ok then now that we've straightened that out what are your opinions on the super bowl?

New England wins.

Advertisement
QB and the lines are the two hardest positions to project, and I just don't get impressed by internet hype. Some of Miami's best DT's in the history of the program were not highly thought of prospects at the position.

Okay actually that's complete nonsense.

DT and QB are actually two of the positions recruiting services do VERY well projecting. Safety and OT are other ones.

LB, RB, DE, WR, CB they do mediocre.

OG, C, they do awful.

From 2005 to 2009 the median stars for All-American QBs (across all All-American teams) was 4 (with an average position rank of 14). The 25th percentile? 4 star with a rank of 15. 75th was 5 star with a rank of 3.

For DT it was 4-star/7th (from 4-star/87th to 5-star/11th).

Over that time period All-American QBs included 5-star Vince Young, 4-star Troy Smith, 5-star Tim Tebow, 3-star Matt Ryan, 4-star Sam Bradford, 4-star Colt McCoy, 4-star Graham Harrell, 5-star Matthew Stafford, 4-star Kellen Moore, and 2-star Case Keenum.

For DTs? 5-star Jesse Mahelona, 5-star Haloti Ngata, 5-star Rodrique Wright, 1-star Brodrick Bunkley (he was NR), 5-star Claude Wroten, 4-star Kyle Williams, 5-star Glenn Dorsey, 4-star Quinn Pitcock, 2-star Eric Foster, 3-star Alan Branch, 4-star Sedrick Ellis, 4-star Terrence Cody, 5-star Gerald McCoy, 2-star Peria Jerry, 3-star Mitch King, 4-star Ndamukong Suh, 5-star Brian Price, 4-star Jared Odrick

Hmm, I'd be more interested in how the complete number of 4 and 5 star QBs and DTs in those classes did to get a true measure of the bust rate of QB's and DT's. Not to say these aren't good stats, but it doesn't tell me a **** thing about how many were highly ranked in those classes compared to the amount that were actually successful. All it tells me is that in a five year span chances were slightly better that a 5 star or a 4 star would be an all-american than a 3 star and below. Certainly not overwhelming enough for all the hysteria that comes with recruiting these kids.

5 star QBs: 3
4 star QBs: 5
3 star and below: 2

5 star DTs: 7
4 star DTs: 6
3 star and below: 5

Last edited:
Advertisement
Oh, and depending on the site Bradford, Moore, and McCoy are 3 stars not 4 stars. Which would make it 3 5 stars, 2 4 stars, and 5 3 and below. So DT numbers simply based on all-americans show very little difference and there are more 3 star and below QB all-americans depending on the site you follow which flaws your stats anyway. This doesn't take into account the amount of busts at both positions, which just by skimming lists there are quite a few.

So no, it's not complete nonsense at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back