Rivals - Mike Farrell

Advertisement
I look at Rivals every once in a while when I am bored. I generally see the same favoritism towards a few teams like Georgia, Michigan, Bama, and Clemson. I am probably leaving out a couple. It seems his analysis is very subscriber driven. I am guessing the SEC and Michigan fans subscribe to his site regularly. Considering that most recruits are "Look at my star ratings" driven, Rivals can really skew opinion. This quote by Mike Farrell is great. He is one of those computer dwellers that wear over sized sweat shirts because he is fat and out of shape. I guess Miami people do not subscribe to Rivals?

This comes from the "Teams that will disappoint"

He says this about the Miami - "Wow, this conference is ugly. It’s Clemson and everyone else. I think Miami is going to be the biggest disappointment. The Hurricanes were a popular pick to win the Coastal but, after what I saw from the offensive line in the opener against Florida, I doubt that happens."

Then this about Florida - "I think Georgia cruises in the East and Florida is clearly the next-best team over there despite a rough opener."
I don’t understand wha5 you get upset about reading this. We gave up ten ******* sacks. The most UF has ever gotten.... despite playing cupcakes many times. It’s an embarrassment. And on the eve of that, you’re upset someone doubts us? This is after yet another crappy season. Take off the homer glasses

I'm not usually one to be sour grapes towards these types of guys, but Farrell really is awful. Rivals has fallen from the premier recruiting service site to #3 at best. His scouts such as much as his inflammatory persona. Guy is a loser and his network is crumbling.

Advertisement
I don’t understand wha5 you get upset about reading this. We gave up ten ******* sacks. The most UF has ever gotten.... despite playing cupcakes many times. It’s an embarrassment. And on the eve of that, you’re upset someone doubts us? This is after yet another crappy season. Take off the homer glasses

He thinks UF is amazing and that Miami is terrible. Any objective person watching that game would come to the conclusion those were 2 evenly matched teams.

OL is a huge issue for us, sure. But don't go hyping up the Gators now like Farrell is doing, when you had predicted an easy win over Miami and it was anything but that

Advertisement
Back