Rivals Camp: OL v. DL

McLaughlin def needs 30-40 lbs.

Boaz has poor technique. Looks a like a leaner with a sloppy build.

Shemar is a beast.

Hammet is a beast.

Tate is as good as advertized.

Love big baby seymour.

Rodriguez looked good. No sloppy weight.
So Rodriguez, Seymour, McLaughlin .... who's the 4th OL need another Tackle

Advertisement
That's my lil cuz and he is a 5* um here we come

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-02-12-00-53-55.png
    Capture+_2020-02-12-00-53-55.png
    527.9 KB · Views: 163
Advertisement
Don’t know why he got congratulated on that. That’s a hold 9/10 times
Probably celebrated because it looked cool but like its been stated he actually got beat. Kid does look and act the part of a future beast.

I like Tate's long term (NFL) upside better than Neal. Neal was more polished is all I'm saying. He's so big and proportionate that he can wall off most guys easily with simple efficient movement.

Me too. I think Tate is more polished than Neal at the same age though

Advertisement
just seen all that on twitter bout 20-30 current or ex NFL guys all bashing this on twitter right now

jealous guys. honestly its not a big deal. Plus what the **** is an Ol suppose tod o in this drill..there is literally nothing to hold or grab..its made for the dline advantage.

jealous guys. honestly its not a big deal. Plus what the **** is an Ol suppose tod o in this drill..there is literally nothing to hold or grab..its made for the dline advantage.
How are they jealous? He one of your kids?

disagree, Armella was clearly beat on this play and he was beat bad, He overset and then got beat to the inside. Him throwing corey was completely unnecessary. Also believe alot of it is more geared towards the coaches at the event who are encouraging this and celebrating it afterwards when at the end of the day it was a dirty and unnecessary move.

Advertisement
disagree, Armella was clearly beat on this play and he was beat bad, He overset and then got beat to the inside. Him throwing corey was completely unnecessary. Also believe alot of it is more geared towards the coaches at the event who are encouraging this and celebrating it afterwards when at the end of the day it was a dirty and unnecessary move.

Dirty??? lol ok.

He wasnt beat bad at all. He didnt have to really dishrag him like that..when the de tried spinning back inside he could of just stayed in his set...but it looked like he wanted to dishrag him for the **** of it.

* Negatives in that rep...He didnt get a good kick...then panicked with the speed of the de and footwork got sloppy. Helped the de advantage who spun it back inside.

Again ...this drill isnt actually made for the OL to be totally dominant as it isnt really anything for him to grip on the defender out wide.

i DONT HAVE A DOG IN THE GAME...dont know the kid...but played tackle and know how the one on one situations go.

This was 1 rep...Armella apparently was mauling guys out there.

Last edited:
Dirty??? lol ok.

He wasnt beat bad at all. He didnt have to really dishrag him like that..when the de tried spinning back inside he could of just stayed in his set...but it looked like he wanted to dishrag him for the **** of it.

* Negatives in that rep...He didnt get a good kick...then panicked with the speed of the de and footwork got sloppy. Helped the de advantage who spun it back inside.

Again ...this drill isnt actually made for the OL to be totally dominant as it isnt really anything for him to grip on the defender out wide.

i DONT HAVE A DOG IN THE GAME...dont know the kid...but played tackle and know how the one on one situations go.

This was 1 rep...Armella apparently was mauling guys out there.
i was at the event saw it first hand and ill admit when i saw it i thought holy **** armella made this kid his ***** mind you there was a lot of heat on the situation cause corey was basically calling the kid out and then finally got a shot and got put on his ***.

Armella was beat he first off all opened by stepping foward with his outside foot which is an automatic no-no. he then panicked as you stated and was going to get beat to the inside and he did. Armella then quite literally just grabbed hammett and threw him. Armella had a bad first step, sloppy footwork, sloppy hands, and held the player. Also by him throwing him, in a real situation he either just hit his own QB or the RG back leg in either case would result in a sack or a serious injury. mind you in live action i thought armella owned the rep, but after seing the video I know how wrong I was.

I also do not have a dog in the race either and agree with you that these camp settings are dog **** for OL/DL stuff like this. but to say armella didn't get beat and even argue he was in the right at all i cant get behind.

i was at the event saw it first hand and ill admit when i saw it i thought holy **** armella made this kid his ***** mind you there was a lot of heat on the situation cause corey was basically calling the kid out and then finally got a shot and got put on his ***.

Armella was beat he first off all opened by stepping foward with his outside foot which is an automatic no-no. he then panicked as you stated and was going to get beat to the inside and he did. Armella then quite literally just grabbed hammett and threw him. Armella had a bad first step, sloppy footwork, sloppy hands, and held the player. Also by him throwing him, in a real situation he either just hit his own QB or the RG back leg in either case would result in a sack or a serious injury. mind you in live action i thought armella owned the rep, but after seing the video I know how wrong I was.

I also do not have a dog in the race either and agree with you that these camp settings are dog **** for OL/DL stuff like this. but to say armella didn't get beat and even argue he was in the right at all i cant get behind.

This is what that type of speed at end creates. Dude didnt even kick...and panicked due to the speed he knew was coming and loss all technique. My response was after first watch of it. After i really broke it down i see the L he took. Which is why i kept editing my post. I wouldnt have called it DIRTY...but im biased being an OL and like when they can mix it up like that...especially considering in this drill a bull rush is pretty much something that cant be beat by an OL.

Armella Honestly would of easily won the rep even with the bad technique if he used his hands early on...he literally would of ran the kid wide......

I didnt even realize that was our LB commit from MNW. That kid is the GOODS......I see why he was spooked. I thought that was one of the young de's from down south.

Shemar Stewart bullrushed Armella in a rep fairly easily as well..and like i said one of my young boys beat him last year at UM...but my young boy has a mean bull rush as well.

Advertisement
This is what that type of speed at end creates. Dude didnt even kick...and panicked due to the speed he knew was coming and loss all technique. My response was after first watch of it. After i really broke it down i see the L he took. Which is why i kept editing my post. I wouldnt have called it DIRTY...but im biased being an OL and like when they can mix it up like that...especially considering in this drill a bull rush is pretty much something that cant be beat by an OL.

Armella Honestly would of easily won the rep even with the bad technique if he used his hands early on...he literally would of ran the kid wide......

I didnt even realize that was our LB commit from MNW. That kid is the GOODS......I see why he was spooked. I thought that was one of the young de's from down south.

Shemar Stewart bullrushed Armella in a rep fairly easily as well..and like i said one of my young boys beat him last year at UM...but my young boy has a mean bull rush as well.
yep agreed on Hammett, kid has an ELITE first step and accell of the line, think he would excel in the viper role of our D. and i get why you would see it wasn't dirty and respect your opinion on that matter. Don't get me wrong tho Armella is a **** of a prospect and to think he is only a rising junior is insane to me kid is massive. But this was hammetts rep would chalk that as a W for him every time, as you said tho armella panicked and once that happened it was a wrap. sloppy hands and feet on the play.

Who's the young bull outta curiosity shoot me a PM.

Crazy thing about Armella is he still has two more years of high school football. Now I have no idea if he at a so-called 4 star level at this point but one thing that is undeniable is that he currently has 29 offers and the number will grow. He has two years to improve his technique and get stronger. Also don't forget that he has only been playing football for about 4 years.

Crazy thing about Armella is he still has two more years of high school football. Now I have no idea if he at a so-called 4 star level at this point but one thing that is undeniable is that he currently has 29 offers and the number will grow. He has two years to improve his technique and get stronger. Also don't forget that he has only been playing football for about 4 years.

Check out his younger brother. Believe he's still in MS and he's a giant (Enzo III). Family seems like all nole.

Advertisement
Back