rivals another late signee maybe

Looks like he is an OL project. How many scholarships does Miami have open? I think Al should have just offered Skai Moore earlier if they had this many open spots but maybe some of this NCAA stuff change things.

It's the attrition

Advertisement
Kid will grow into a JJ Watts type with a red shirt year. Remember JJ Watts started college as a TE at Central Michigan as a walk on then transfered to wisconson where he sat out a year then came back to be a monster DE. The only thing i would question is Centers toughness, since he avoided playing football, he may not like contact but after a redshirt year that can determined. But i like the raw athletic ablility as a TE so if in a few years if it doesn't work out switch him to Def.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Did we really just go from never played football to JJ Watts? I mean I get the body comparisons, but **** that is a leap.

Ummm...If Al can turn this guy into a productive football player; I'll never questioned any recruiting move he ever does. His size is great, but not fluid at all...4.6, gotta see it to believe it. But, Go Canes!

Advertisement
For the whiners, would you rather leave the spots empty and waste that roster space from all the attrition, or take a chance and bring in a couple guys who the corches think have great attitudes and big upside and could wind up striking gold? How many 5 stars are sitting out there right now that didn't sign anywhere?

Jason Taylor also did not play high school football...it's not hyperbole to look for highly successful players who have been in similar positions, it's analogy

Advertisement
For the whiners, would you rather leave the spots empty and waste that roster space from all the attrition, or take a chance and bring in a couple guys who the corches think have great attitudes and big upside and could wind up striking gold? How many 5 stars are sitting out there right now that didn't sign anywhere?

It is about roster management and being efficient with the spots. I think up until around NSD we thought we would lose some scholarships via sanctions. We also probably missed some kids that we thought we would NOT get.

We have open ships available, better to use them then waste them. If he sucks and there is no potential KICK BRICKS.

I'm sure part of the equation is evaluating the 2014 class and our options as well.

You don't want to just give away a scholarship but when you look at the whole picture, you have to fill needs with the best options. Sometimes that's not what fans want to hear but its best for the team. We will see how it plays out.

Advertisement
I'm sure part of the equation is evaluating the 2014 class and our options as well.

You don't want to just give away a scholarship but when you look at the whole picture, you have to fill needs with the best options. Sometimes that's not what fans want to hear but its best for the team. We will see how it plays out.

It could be a total non-issue altogether. Let's say for 2014 we are not signing more than 25 kids, then any preserving is foolish because better to give the kid a try-out (maybe there is potential) for one year and make a decision than hold the ship open. If we don't need the extra ships for the following year, why not take a chance. Cut him if he is terrible.

Albany (NY) Christian Brothers Academy Connor Center isn't your typical football recruit, Center fancied himself a pitcher in high school and participated in fall baseball training each year instead of going out for football. But in January he realized football would be the best option for a full scholarship, and he began training in earnest. He added 30 pounds of muscle - at 6-foot-7, he now weighs 250 pounds, and he's run a 4.68-second laser time in the 40.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTIHVeW9jrE

Needs to fuggin look the ball into his hands. Kid Looks like a drop machine

LOL did his dad pay those corners to not contest at all or something?

It could be a total non-issue altogether. Let's say for 2014 we are not signing more than 25 kids, then any preserving is foolish because better to give the kid a try-out (maybe there is potential) for one year and make a decision than hold the ship open. If we don't need the extra ships for the following year, why not take a chance. Cut him if he is terrible.

Agreed. Golden did it with King, Alexis, and Wells. King logged serious minutes. Regardless your opinion of him, he played a lot and we needed a body. Wells has stuck around and was supposedly showing some life in a packed house. Alexis is gone.

Sometimes that's how you gotta play it.

Advertisement
Kid will grow into a JJ Watts type with a red shirt year. Remember JJ Watts started college as a TE at Central Michigan as a walk on then transfered to wisconson where he sat out a year then came back to be a monster DE. The only thing i would question is Centers toughness, since he avoided playing football, he may not like contact but after a redshirt year that can determined. But i like the raw athletic ablility as a TE so if in a few years if it doesn't work out switch him to Def.

Go Canes

the only thing he really has in common with Watt is that they are both white de's

Agreed. Golden did it with King, Alexis, and Wells. King logged serious minutes. Regardless your opinion of him, he played a lot and we needed a body. Wells has stuck around and was supposedly showing some life in a packed house. Alexis is gone.

Sometimes that's how you gotta play it.

I don't care if it is not popular, I rather give a kid a scholarship for a year and cut him then not use the scholarship at all for the season.

We already have plenty TE's, coach Golden just went on WQAM yesterday saying that TE has turned from a weakness to a strength. We don't need this guy

Advertisement
Back