Rivalry Duster vs VT

Advertisement
Great job by Van Belle tonight. I don’t put too much blame on Gil for the 8th inning debacle. It’s not atypical to see guys jog in on a ball like that, but it is unusual to see a catcher try to tag from first. Amditis has to know better.

Tomorrow is the type of game we have to win if we’re going to host, especially with an RPI killing series against Bethune on deck.

Advertisement
And please sit Amditis tomorrow. You have to send a message that errors that dumb are just unacceptable

agreed.

it's really frustrating to see the lack of accountability.

it's inexcusable.

yes, all players go through slumps, and the ball sometimes doesn't bounce your way .

but physical and mental effort is something that you can bring to the ballpark every day.

Man if this team didn’t have brainfarts every game they could be so god **** good.
Think about thiese losses due to late game fielding errors: Should have won game 3 vs NC State. Should have won game 2 vs Pitt. Should have won game 3 vs FSU. Let's not forget about game 3 vs Louisville. If the Canes won 3 of those 4 games, they would be in 1st place in the ACC at 16-7.

Think about thiese losses due to late game fielding errors: Should have won game 3 vs NC State. Should have won game 2 vs Pitt. Should have won game 3 vs FSU. Let's not forget about game 3 vs Louisville. If the Canes won 3 of those 4 games, they would be in 1st place in the ACC at 16-7.

Those kinds of things tend to happen with young teams....although they have been happening with us for years now. Let's see if DiMare can get it fixed by next season. Amditis' play was one of the most boneheaded I have ever seen in a baseball game. And he's a veteran.

agreed.

it's really frustrating to see the lack of accountability.

it's inexcusable.

How do you know that there's no accountability?

That's right. You don't.

You just think because he's not benched that therefore there's no accountability.

But the reality is that you don't bench your best catcher in the middle of a conference race because of a play that didn't cost you a game.

Advertisement
Amditis thought the throw was going home I guess. Dumb play but will be surprised if he isn't catching today.

Amditis thought the throw was going home I guess. Dumb play but will be surprised if he isn't catching today.

You don't know if they planned to sit him for a day game after a Saturday night game, though.

Redsquare will probably think it's "accountability" though if he doesn't start.

I have a really good feeling about this team. Im not sure if it will be the magic of the first year coach or the bats but I dont feel like Omaha this year is too far fetched. I get we will be much better next year, but Ive watched **** near every game and the 2016 team isnt too far off. Hosting a regional will be imperative to getting there. Need to close this series out with a sweep and sweep Bethune next week.

I have a really good feeling about this team. Im not sure if it will be the magic of the first year coach or the bats but I dont feel like Omaha this year is too far fetched. I get we will be much better next year, but Ive watched **** near every game and the 2016 team isnt too far off. Hosting a regional will be imperative to getting there. Need to close this series out with a sweep and sweep Bethune next week.

The 2016 team was experienced, though. They had been there and done that. This team lacks seasoning.

Advertisement
The 2016 team was experienced, though. They had been there and done that. This team lacks seasoning.

I get it but on a scale of a talented roster we are right there with them. Pitching edge would definitely go to the 16 team but I feel like our staff as a whole has done nothing but improve all year long.

I get it but on a scale of a talented roster we are right there with them. Pitching edge would definitely go to the 16 team but I feel like our staff as a whole has done nothing but improve all year long.

I don't think the pitching is all that far off either. Obviously, it needs to be healthy.

Advertisement
Without our 2 top starters it is far fetched.

Advertisement
Back