RIP Turnover Chain?

Advertisement
If true, and I'm sure this won't be a popular option, but I wish they kept it, think it had a certain appeal for the defensive players that I liked.

Problem was, should've just kept the one chain and not switched it every year, forced the players to pose with it, etc. And the 'touchdown rings' were sad to the point of parody.

Like many other things involving Diaz and his staff: something that wasn't a bad idea, but executed poorly.

Advertisement
If true, and I'm sure this won't be a popular option, but I wish they kept it, think it had a certain appeal for the defensive players that I liked.

Problem was, should've just kept the one chain and not switched it every year, forced the players to pose with it, etc. And the 'touchdown rings' were sad to the point of parody.

Like many other things involving Diaz and his staff: something that wasn't a bad idea, but executed poorly.
100% agree. Even though we sucked, it would be a very cool tradition in 40 years for players to be wearing the same chain as Cane greats, even though we don’t have many great recently. New one every year was just to go viral.

Advertisement
Now that the dust has settled, pictured was the best version of the chain.

DFA64247-10A5-4478-88A0-3872DE216FFE.jpeg

Advertisement
Touchdown rings are corny AF, but the original chain took the college football world by storm. It's not the chain, it's the new chain every year while the team is 7-5 that sucked.

My hope is the original chain comes back as a surprise when we are back. Or maybe a surprise at big home games.

Advertisement
Back