Rip Kobe Bryant

Advertisement
Never said I was a good dude. People turn in to teary-eyed ***** when celebrities die, and it’s disgusting.

If you were around when Princess Diana died, that was the worst. You’re sad because why....because you watched this dude who has never heard of your *** play ball on TV?

It’s ******* stupid.
Goes to show you how shallow most of society is.....

We may never know what the conversation was before they took off. What we do know is it was extremely foggy - to the point that other agencies, responsible for the safety of the public, grounded their fleet. This flight was to a kids basketball game. Just seems way too risky. I would be shocked if at least one adult didn't raise concern.

I can only speak for myself but there is zero chance I get on that helicopter by myself, let alone with one of my kids. Again, I'm not placing blame on anyone because I have no idea what happened before they boarded.
Agree. But keep in mind, Kobe and his family flew in that chopper ALLLLLLLL the time. So it wasn't a matter of weighing this one chopper trip vs getting to a bball game. That's how they traveled, because traffic is such a nightmare out there. Doesn't make your points above any less true, it's just that it was very normal to them. An analysis of "Do we cancel our plans today and skip the game because of the fog?", not whether it's worth hiring a chopper to get to one specific event. It wouldn't be much different than us regular peeps electing to drive our kid to their game in an absolute monsoon. You can use the same logic to say that's a dumb decision too, yet we do it all the time. What doesn't make any sense is why the pilot never slowed down when he lost visibility and almost surely knew they were in potential danger. That thing can fly at 15MPH. Why would he remain at almost 180?!?

I don’t hate Kobe Bryant. I don’t give a **** about him because I never met or got to know him.

I guess I’m not following your logic.

If you don’t give a shlt about Kobe, why even post?

Of course I don’t know Kobe personally, but on top of his incredible athletic gifts, and being one of the five all-time greats, I did admire his commitment to excellence, his incredible work ethic, his full bore competitiveness and winning, his devotion to his daughters, and the fact that he wasn’t an attention ***** sports celebrity. He also spoke, if I’m not mistaken, three or four languages fluently, and was probably one of the most intelligent basketball players of all time.

As far as your comments about princess Diana, I personally am not a fan. Couldn’t relate to her, didn’t have any kind of real accomplishments on her own other than marrying the right guy, so I never did get all the gnashing of the teeth and crying, but if people want to get themselves all upset about her, go ahead.

Agree. But keep in mind, Kobe and his family flew in that chopper ALLLLLLLL the time. So it wasn't a matter of weighing this one chopper trip vs getting to a bball game. That's how they traveled, because traffic is such a nightmare out there. Doesn't make your points above any less true, it's just that it was very normal to them. An analysis of "Do we cancel our plans today and skip the game because of the fog?", not whether it's worth hiring a chopper to get to one specific event. It wouldn't be much different than us regular peeps electing to drive our kid to their game in an absolute monsoon. You can use the same logic to say that's a dumb decision too, yet we do it all the time. What doesn't make any sense is why the pilot never slowed down when he lost visibility and almost surely knew they were in potential danger. That thing can fly at 15MPH. Why would he remain at almost 180?!?
What also doesn't make sense:

- Why not land at Burbank Airport, especially when you spent 15 minutes circling above Glendale, and take a car. It's a 45 minute drive.

- I've hiked that area over a hundred times stoned, drunk, or shroomed out of my mind and easily know that the elevations of most of the peaks are higher than 2,000 feet, yet this "experienced pilot" is going to try and fly through the range blind at 1,700 feet?

Lots WTFs to go around

Advertisement
What a pathetic sack of sh-t. Must be exhausting to wake up looking for a new reason to be offended every day like that. I can't wait until The Always Offended trend is over. Worst time in modern history to be alive, IMO.

I just emailed her (Nancy Armour @ USA Today) to give her a piece of my mind. LOL
She actually wrote me back! I was surprised. Exchanged a couple emails. I don't think any less of her for her reasoning on why she wrote that today, but I do respect the fact she was willing to engage me on it.

Yeah, it’s very odd to see all this victim shaming that somehow places Kobe at fault for relying on a pilot’s willingness to take off.

Does anyone honestly believe for two seconds that Kobe would allow himself and his daughter to board an aircraft in unsafe conditions?
No, but I do think he may have put a lot of pressure on his pilot TO fly, and it's possible it was a situation where he was on the fence almost safety-wise and pressure from Bossman made him tip to the side of "Let's go, we'll be fine". That doesn't at all make it Kobe's "fault" (that responsibility is ultimately on the pilot 100%, regardless of who his passengers are) so any Kobe-blaming here is dumb as ****. But I think there's a very real chance that exact situation played out, which is what the more rational people may be alluding to.

I guess I’m not following your logic.

If you don’t give a shlt about Kobe, why even post?

Of course I don’t know Kobe personally, but on top of his incredible athletic gifts, and being one of the five all-time greats, I did admire his commitment to excellence, his incredible work ethic, his full bore competitiveness and winning, his devotion to his daughters, and the fact that he wasn’t an attention ***** sports celebrity. He also spoke, if I’m not mistaken, three or four languages fluently, and was probably one of the most intelligent basketball players of all time.

As far as your comments about princess Diana, I personally am not a fan. Couldn’t relate to her, didn’t have any kind of real accomplishments on her own other than marrying the right guy, so I never did get all the gnashing of the teeth and crying, but if people want to get themselves all upset about her, go ahead.
Cuz he's miserable d*ck. Pretty simple. Going out of your way to let everyone know you don't care means you care to let everyone know.

Advertisement
No, but I do think he may have put a lot of pressure on his pilot TO fly, and it's possible it was a situation where he was on the fence almost safety-wise and pressure from Bossman made him tip to the side of "Let's go, we'll be fine". That doesn't at all make it Kobe's "fault" (that responsibility is ultimately on the pilot 100%, regardless of who his passengers are) so any Kobe-blaming here is dumb as ****. But I think there's a very real chance that exact situation played out, which is what the more rational people may be alluding to.
That's all conjecture. But if I am the bossman and there was no fog taking off in Orange County and we have to circle in Glendale waiting for a flight plan because there is bad weather ahead? As the bossman I'm telling the pilot to put us down until it clears. Too many light aircraft crashes in foggy conditions to go ahead.

it sounds callous but it really isn't. you have people that grieve for unborn fetuses more than they do living people or victims of gun violence. you have people that grieve more for abused animals than they do living people. you have people that grieve more for celebrities than they do people in their own communities. just because you see some celebrities that actually knew Kobe all ripped up doesnt mean you have to act like you are all ripped up. recognize the tragedy but come on. it might be better if people kept this stuff it in perspective and helped needy people in their communities cope with tragedy.
Political spin, yuk. If you don't like pro-lifers come out and say it...

What kind of loser is upset or annoyed that people are moved by the passing of ppl, regardless if they knew them or not? Imagine thinking ppl give a fuuuck that you don’t care if someone dies.
That's what I don't get. I could understand if said person was asked how they feel about his death. But to just come out the blue and start talking ****.... They are making the situation about "them" instead... ******* sad

Advertisement
What a pathetic sack of sh-t. Must be exhausting to wake up looking for a new reason to be offended every day like that. I can't wait until The Always Offended trend is over. Worst time in modern history to be alive, IMO.

I just emailed her (Nancy Armour @ USA Today) to give her a piece of my mind. LOL

They just love to cast judgement. X player makes a mistake,” hes a headcase until he dies”. So & so’s a republican, “hes a racist”. So & so’s a democrat, “hes a lazy pos looking for handouts”. So & so’s a millennial, they got a **** load to say about us lol. Not to get off topic, but it falls in line. Everyone want to point finger at someone instead of looking in the mirror.

Why in the sam **** does any of his “wrong doings need to be brought up right now”? Will someone be at this “Nancy Armours” funneral and during the eulogy say, “it shouldnt be forgotten that this ***** gave me crabs back in 2015. We all need to not forget how much of a ***** she really was. Lets all take dome time and send a little bit of hate her way.”

From Kobe's former pilot

Instead, they all point to the weather. And Ditchey, on this subject – admittedly with the benefit of hindsight – was unequivocal.

“I’m a pilot,” he said. “I flew in the navy for 14 years, actively. There are times when you just don’t go, you just don’t fly, unless there’s a **** good reason why.”

This pilot knows what he is talking about.

The ONLY reason military jets fly in no-go weather (remember our tech is bleeding edge mostly): combat sortie to support friendly forces directly under fire from enemy forces. Even with that, there are limits.

Advertisement
I didn’t feel sad when my own grandparents died....I’m sure as **** not going to feel anything when some british ***** who wasn’t even the princess of my country died in a limo.

All I feel is contempt for the weak masses who get all weepy over this stupid ****, and disgust that we live in a world where celebrities lives matter more than those of regular people.
you're a miserable soul.

People turn in to such saps when celebrities die. Kobe Bryant didn’t know who the **** any of you people are, and he wouldn’t have given a **** if any of you died in a car accident or whatever.

And everyone just wants to forget about how he raped some girl a few years ago?

EVERYONE dies. Kobe Bryant dying at 41 isn’t any more sad than the millions who die around the world EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I wasn't a fan of Kobe when he played, but what is the point of your post? Did someone asked you in this thread how you felt about Kobe dying or did you just want folks to notice you?

Advertisement
Back