Ring of Honor Induction Ceremony

SpikeUM

Head Meshuggah
Premium
Was held today at Turnberry, and it was a first class event.

Inducted were Sean Taylor, Ed Reed, Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, and Michael Irvin. Seriously, what other school can even come close to that? 7 Super Bowl rings, 3 DPOY, literally 3 dozen pro bowls, etc. etc etc.

It was a really special event. In addition to the honorees, other previous recipients also attended such as Russell Maryland, Bennie Blades and George Mira. I was fortunate to shake all of their hands. Blades was especially friendly, and said that Al simply cant wait to get into the U.

Ed Reed was unable to attend, and after a short video and introduction of the five honorees, Sean Taylors 13 year old daughter gave a very moving speech, lots of tears in the room. Sapp, Lewis and Irvin all gave both funny and moving speeches, bringing laughter and some tears to the room. They talked a bit about their backgrounds, and how they turned from boys to men at the U. They said a number of our superstars (Ray Ray and Russell to name two) were actually the last scholarship given out that year, and they played with a chip on their shoulder.

The past and present honorees were very friendly, signed autographs, shook hands, took pictures, etc. It isnt every day that a plain old fan can shake the hands and speak to all of those superstars.

Advertisement
[TWEET]918903074944626688[/TWEET]

I wish Sean could've seen his daughter give that speech. That's her standing in front of Lewis, Irvin, and Sapp.

There are big time programs that don't have that many great players in the history of their program. We had these 5 go in one class! Two of them are the best to ever play their position and a third probably would have been if not for a tragedy. The U is special

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;me1XQAXDJeo]https://youtu.be/me1XQAXDJeo[/video]

Anybody know why Reed wasn't able to be there? I know they said he'd be honored at the Notre Dame game now which is awesome.

Advertisement
Looked like they had those guys out on the field at halftime...I wouldn't know because the btch *** ACC network (espn) made me stare at a logo screen then gave me the video feed from the cheap seats with no audio. I would think even GT fans would rather watch something than nothing. Good job guys.

Advertisement
Back