2024 Ricky Knight III 3* CB from North PB Benjamin [commits to Forfeit State]

Advertisement
So...I want to be happy about this...however I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind two smallish sub 6'0 corners in Knight and the kid from Louisiana we just got the Fong ball from.

Maybe both are underrated kids that will develop into monsters...and they are two different players...Knight seems more boundary and the LA kid (Dylan Day iirc) fits the slot corner role due to his physicality in the run game.

I'm only okay with this if we're taking 4 CBs and the other two are sure-fire boundary prototype CBs. Cannot afford to load up on projects at a position where we have no one currently separating from the pack to take the CB1 job.
I'm right there with you. However I wouldn't push the panic button yet. These CB offers/pickups have a very specialized type feel to them. I know what they want Day for. In terms of Knight I'm not exactly sure. Maybe they see a good versatile depth piece. Knight certainly isn't getting recruited because Mario has confused him with Cormani McClain and we went all out with McClain and came heartbreakingly close to shocking the world. My point being that Mario knows what a stud CB1 type looks like and he will go after those types of players. I'll wait until this recruiting cycle plays itself out before I start worrying but you are correct that it is a position of need and we need to start seeing something heat up soon.

Advertisement
What don't they make edits for at this point
Dance Hump GIF

Nah just kidding they make them for that too….

IMG_0811.gif

Advertisement
Appeared Canes were leading (and had a considerable lead at that), now CBs have flipped to FSU. Is he still coming this weekend?

This reeks of “plan B” for the kid. Must mean we’re getting really good feedback from our top CBs on board.

Appeared Canes were leading (and had a considerable lead at that), now CBs have flipped to FSU. Is he still coming this weekend?

This reeks of “plan B” for the kid. Must mean we’re getting really good feedback from our top CBs on board.
Hopefully it means they feel good about flipping Heyward.

But it always seemed like a two team race between us and FSU. It may have been a battle we just did not win.

Hopefully it means they feel good about flipping Heyward.

But it always seemed like a two team race between us and FSU. It may have been a battle we just did not win.
Hopefully the first part. Correct me if I’m wrong, Day is being recruited as a nickel, not safety.

I believe canes are aiming for 3/4 CBs.

Sione, Mack, Heyward
Ellis? Jamari Howard?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back