2024 Ricky Knight III 3* CB from North PB Benjamin [commits to Forfeit State]

So...I want to be happy about this...however I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind two smallish sub 6'0 corners in Knight and the kid from Louisiana we just got the Fong ball from.

Maybe both are underrated kids that will develop into monsters...and they are two different players...Knight seems more boundary and the LA kid (Dylan Day iirc) fits the slot corner role due to his physicality in the run game.

I'm only okay with this if we're taking 4 CBs and the other two are sure-fire boundary prototype CBs. Cannot afford to load up on projects at a position where we have no one currently separating from the pack to take the CB1 job.

Advertisement
So...I want to be happy about this...however I'm struggling to understand the rationale behind two smallish sub 6'0 corners in Knight and the kid from Louisiana we just got the Fong ball from.

Maybe both are underrated kids that will develop into monsters...and they are two different players...Knight seems more boundary and the LA kid (Dylan Day iirc) fits the slot corner role due to his physicality in the run game.

I'm only okay with this if we're taking 4 CBs and the other two are sure-fire boundary prototype CBs. Cannot afford to load up on projects at a position where we have no one currently separating from the pack to take the CB1 job.
Knight is a CB2/3 with high upside. He’ll most likely be ranked top 300 when it’s said and done.

Still need the big fish regardless.

Agree for most part, even though I think Day is a Safety. We need to take 4 CBs anyway. Room still needs flipping, and our best CB is gone after this year.

I am with you on being confused as to what these coaches like in a corner. It looks like they want guys around 6 foot lean that can cover. But Day can hit. I’ve seen safety comments but he looks like a nickel. I know nothing about Day. I kinda like Knight as a player.

Advertisement
I am with you on being confused as to what these coaches like in a corner. It looks like they want guys around 6 foot lean that can cover. But Day can hit. I’ve seen safety comments but he looks like a nickel. I know nothing about Day. I kinda like Knight as a player.
After the kid Day's comments following his "commitment", it now makes sense to take both lol. Because both won't probably wind up in the class.

After the kid Day's comments following his "commitment", it now makes sense to take both lol. Because both won't probably wind up in the class.
Kind of interesting you say this. I checked the new recruiting board today a lot of different names. Recruiting is fluid lol. We will see. I love the kid Cunningham from Cali. He’s a monster

Mario has always take smaller corners when he was at Oregon. Most of those guys don’t pan out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back