Rick: "very optimistic on OL play" + WQAM recap 8/28

Advertisement
Competition increase across the board, including PUNTER! I think the OL compliment is real; can only get better if you have to go against savages every practice, every rep.

Just ready to strap it up. I really wish we played a little better comp to start the season but itll be nice to break in Rosier and some of the younger WR's.

Advertisement
I think Kaya sht the bed when he left.... Weapons would be amazing this year!!!! Should have stayed for his stock....

Jon Ford doesn't look sloppy at 318 pounds. When that kid gets a full year of S&C, he'll probably 325 with less body fat %. If he can get some snaps this year to get ready, hope everyone appreciates what potentially big news that is for us in 2018.

alot of this season is going to be dictated to the play of the offensive line i would argue that it is more important than QB play because of the fact good line play will allow us to run the ball much more effectively and open up easy play action and underneath throws. Im hoping to see an uptempo and explosive spread offense this season which will compliment our defense very well.

* Linebacker Shaq Quarterman over the last month: “I don’t know if I want to use this word, but he’s possessed to be great and to help Miami be great. He is so locked in about not just being good or being the starter. He just wants to be great as a human being and a football player. He wants this team to be great. He’s not going to rest until we’re champions. He’s the kind of guy that you dream about.”

This

Advertisement
I think Kaya sht the bed when he left.... Weapons would be amazing this year!!!! Should have stayed for his stock....

Let it go. He's gone. We should be a better team this year. It's not like Kaaya was some once in a lifetime QB. Losing him is about equal to losing Steve Morris.

The Oline play basically kept us from being 12-1. V Tech kicked our butts so I will take that loss. Every other game was essentially lost because of the offensive line.

Poor line play made us one dimensional

Realist **** you ever wrote.

So Richards is staying at split end. Cager must look pretty good to be the starting flanker.

guess he's not a transfer candidate anymore

Not at the moment.

But if he slips up or gets injured again and these other guys capitalize it could be the end, which is 100% in line with what I've said about him from the very beginning. So don't take this personally but **** you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please believe Coach Richt wont hesitate to roll with N'Kosi Perry if Malik Rosier doesn't show what it takes on game day. Not taking against Bethune but going forward the rest of the season.

Please believe Coach Richt wont hesitate to roll with N'Kosi Perry if Malik Rosier doesn't show what it takes on game day. Not taking against Bethune but going forward the rest of the season.

Please believe that he'll roll with Shirreffs before rolling with Perry, as of now at least.

CMR dreams about guys.

ohhh-myyyy.gif

Advertisement
* Quarterback Malik Rosier “wasn’t quite as sharp” the first couple days after learning he would be the starter. But in Sunday’s practice, UM’s first “under the lights,” players were “throwing and catching like all those guys were in high school. It was fun to watch.””

That stood out. Hope it's just a blip.

Almost all available data suggests that Rosier's likely to be an average to slightly below average P5 quarterback. Probably ought to expect stuff like that and hope that there's major improvement or that the rest of the team is good enough to carry us.

what is all this "available data"?

* Quarterback Malik Rosier “wasn’t quite as sharp” the first couple days after learning he would be the starter. But in Sunday’s practice, UM’s first “under the lights,” players were “throwing and catching like all those guys were in high school. It was fun to watch.””

Almost all available data suggests that Rosier's likely to be an average to slightly below average P5 quarterback. Probably ought to expect stuff like that and hope that there's major improvement or that the rest of the team is good enough to carry us.

There isn't much. The most significant piece of data was his lone start as a freshmans against a favored opponent on the road with a busted coaching staff and a program in complete turmoil. That data was actually very positive.

There isn't much. The most significant piece of data was his lone start as a freshmans against a favored opponent on the road with a busted coaching staff and a program in complete turmoil. That data was actually very positive.

giphy.gif

not to mention he didn't even get a full weeks practice as the starter to prepare....

Advertisement
Back