Rick is a symptom of the problem

The point you're missing is that we aren't there yet. We aren't within sight of clemson and trying to get over the hump, we're losing to vastly less talented teams. That's not about not letting kids do drugs and cut class, that's about bad coaching.

Its all combined into one thats the point.

We dont treat the program like we used to nor how it needs to be treated in order to win. Period.

It is all encompassing: from the hiring of HCs to the staffs to the the academic standards to the strictness of their PED program.

You want to win then there is a formula that you MUST follow and we CHOOSE not to.

Advertisement
I am tired of the safe hires. I won't send another donation check until they decide to go after someone with a set of balls. Richt is well beyond his time. Two weeks and this was his best. Same with LSU. All summer and that was his best. Absolute LOSER.

I agree with this. I used to think we just had bad coaching but....now we’re under coach #4.... I’m starting to think maybe it isn’t the coaches, maybe it’s the university

The coaches are bad but they don’t hire themselves. The problem is bigger than the bad coaches.

THE ONLY THING I'LL SAY in defense of the BOT is that they must've thought they had their guy, otherwise they wouldn't have made him the highest paid coach in program history BY FAR.

The problem is, is that the BOT has exactly zero idea what they're doing.

F

What a bunch of pure BS. Tad Foote, who was President of UM for most, if not all, of our NCs HATED UM football. He did everything possible to make Schelly's, JJ's, and Erickson's life ****. The president of the school has NOTHING to do with it. Actually, as far as Shalala goes, if you believe a school prexy does HAVE magical influence, you have to credit her with resurrecting Wisconsin's long dormant program.

As naive a post as there is.

I dont think you understand the dynamic at all, Of course he hated it. The BOT did too.

But it was the only means of us having ANY athletic program, and it became a ******* money machine.

As an independent, winning meant more money, lots more. So Foote bit his tongue and sucked it up bc the overall value of that dominant program was too good to ignore.

Advertisement
Exactly what I mean. The athletic department is a total ****show....and the buck stops with Julio Frenk and the BOT

Well, the problem will only continue and the extensions will keep coming until we bring in the right guy to run the department with autonomy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back