Rick is a symptom of the problem

McGahee2TheHouse

All-American
Premium
Rick, Golden, Shannon, Coker. Four different coaches, same results.

What is the common denominator? I am all for flying banners, and currently can't stand Rick, but let's aim the banners at the real people responsible for this pathetic excuse of a football program the past 15 years.

Advertisement
The problem is hiring **** coaches. We could have had Cristobal. We could have had Butch.

The problem is the reasons behind the hires: Coker, players wanted him, Randy was a former player and black, golden dressed nice I guess, and Mark, nice respectable guy. What the reason needs to be is: this guy is going to kick the living crap out of everyone and terrify the administration and bot.

Remember, JJ asked for the job. Butch was the only guy who would take it. The only real hire ever was Howard.

Advertisement
Miami stopped being interested in being Miami.

Heres a little controversial news: back in the day Miami players did drugs, steroids, didnt give a **** about class. Coaches cheated, we skirted practice rules. Aka, what every single national championship team did and does.

When Donna came, all of that went away. You cannot compete on the level we all want if we act like Wisonsin or BC. Doesnt matter about our recruiting location or our brand or the stadium or even the coach unless he is an elite elite coach (who would implement the above “bad boy” practices).

This neutered version of the U is what the bot wants.

The common denominator is that they're all bad coaches. Occam's razor. Look at where they and most of their staff all landed afterwards.

I'm not spending any money on this program in any way anymore. I can't be assed. I just don't give a **** anymore. It's a corny program and we're a corny fanbase.

Advertisement
I wish I spoke Spanish. Because I would say something about the UM administration and cajones.

What is the common denominator? I am all for flying banners, and currently can't stand Rick, but let's aim the banners at the real people responsible for this pathetic excuse of a football program the past 15 years.

Heres a little controversial news: back in the day Miami players did drugs, steroids, didnt give a **** about class. Coaches cheated, we skirted practice rules. Aka, what every single national championship team did and does.

When Donna came, all of that went away. You cannot compete on the level we all want if we act like Wisonsin or BC. Doesnt matter about our recruiting location or our brand or the stadium or even the coach unless he is an elite elite coach (who would implement the above “bad boy” practices).

The point you're missing is that we aren't there yet. We aren't within sight of clemson and trying to get over the hump, we're losing to vastly less talented teams. That's not about not letting kids do drugs and cut class, that's about bad coaching.

What the reason needs to be is: this guy is going to kick the living crap out of everyone and terrify the administration and bot.

If that's the case, then it won't happen. Don't you remember Mullen has been in the running twice? Some suit said that he "acted like he invented the game of football. " The higher ups aren't going to hire Leach, Butch, Mullen because they want someone they like and interviews well.

Advertisement

100% agree. Blake and the admin are apathetic and incompetent trash.

F

What a bunch of pure BS. Tad Foote, who was President of UM for most, if not all, of our NCs HATED UM football. He did everything possible to make Schelly's, JJ's, and Erickson's life ****. The president of the school has NOTHING to do with it. Actually, as far as Shalala goes, if you believe a school prexy does HAVE magical influence, you have to credit her with resurrecting Wisconsin's long dormant program.

Advertisement
I agree with this. I used to think we just had bad coaching but....now we’re under coach #4.... I’m starting to think maybe it isn’t the coaches, maybe it’s the university

Advertisement
Back