Richt's wife paid?

Advertisement
nepotism is a big NO NO.
Where do you get the notion that nepotism is a big "NO NO"? There are lots of D1 schools where coaches have family members on staff. Heck, just a bit up the road Kiffin employs both his brother and his father.

I don't like Jon because of PERFORMANCE. If he was doing a great job I wouldn't care at all that he was related. But our QB room has been a trainwreck and without a strong resume to stand on, I don't see why he remains QB coach. That's the rub, not the fact it's nepotism.

Advertisement
Voluntarily check yourself into a mental health center and stop posting this bull****.

Where does all your anger come from? Do you talk to people like this face-to-face? Do you have the proper credentials to tell people to stop posting?
1545335548762.png

I hope the spirit of Christmas will improve your demeanor.
Where do you get the notion that nepotism is a big "NO NO"? There are lots of D1 schools where coaches have family members on staff. Heck, just a bit up the road Kiffin employs both his brother and his father.

I don't like Jon because of PERFORMANCE. If he was doing a great job I wouldn't care at all that he was related. But our QB room has been a trainwreck and without a strong resume to stand on, I don't see why he remains QB coach. That's the rub, not the fact it's nepotism.

I was an administrator of a very large organization and worked in HR. Nine times out of 10 nepotism came back to bite you in the butt, but more importantly leaves you wide-open for harsh criticism and problems when things don't turn out well. I don't know anything about Kiffin's brother or his credentials for whatever his position is, but obviously his father has some impressive credentials & I can somewhat understand his hire. Regardless, it still leaves you vunerable. Jon Richt, however, was "appointed" without any credentials and we have obviously had a mess at QB.....so now nepotism has raised its ugly head.

Irony at its finest.

Advertisement
Mrs. Richt is not paid but Jon Richt is on payroll. Payroll numbers not available publicly due to private institution

How can you say conclusively that Mrs. Richt is not paid given payroll data is not available? I would guess she IS getting paid (though likely a very small amount), because it's a liability issue. You cannot work for free and not everyone on earth could volunteer to do what she does.

Irony at its finest.
What's the irony? OP made a general statement inferring that nepotism in of itself is somehow improper. I pointed out that's not the case at all. I then went on to say I too don't like having Jon remain on staff, but that's because he sucks, not because he's CMR's son.

Dunno, but both her and Lil Jon's salary should be reported on the 990, Schedule L, since Mork gave over $5k to the university for the IPF, if they are making over $10k (Jon clearly would be, not sure about the wife).

Advertisement
Where does all your anger come from? Do you talk to people like this face-to-face? Do you have the proper credentials to tell people to stop posting? View attachment 72388
I hope the spirit of Christmas will improve your demeanor.

I was an administrator of a very large organization and worked in HR. Nine times out of 10 nepotism came back to bite you in the butt, but more importantly leaves you wide-open for harsh criticism and problems when things don't turn out well. I don't know anything about Kiffin's brother or his credentials for whatever his position is, but obviously his father has some impressive credentials & I can somewhat understand his hire. Regardless, it still leaves you vunerable. Jon Richt, however, was "appointed" without any credentials and we have obviously had a mess at QB.....so now nepotism has raised its ugly head.
Yeah, well said. I agree nepotism often leads to bad outcomes. I thought you were implying with your initial post that it was somehow per se wrong.

Obviously if he was the greatest QB coach alive no one would care.
But he isn’t that’s why the nepotism rules exist and should be followed.
Now we are stuck with a HC that won’t fire the QB coach because he is his son.
It’s always best to not open that door and enforce the nepotism rules.
Eventually you are going to end you with a situation like this.

What's the irony? OP made a general statement inferring that nepotism in of itself is somehow improper. I pointed out that's not the case at all. I then went on to say I too don't like having Jon remain on staff, but that's because he sucks, not because he's CMR's son.
Come on man...the fact that he's CMR's son is the only reason he remains on staff. Pretty self-explanatory.

Advertisement
The irony is in you wondering why he remains QB coach in a post defending nepotism as acceptable.
Maybe I wrote my first post poorly. I don't have any doubt why Jr remains on staff; nobody with a single working brain cell would. And I stated I dislike him as QB coach because he sucks.

Advertisement
Back