Richt's thoughts after Wednesday practice (App. State week)

View as article
this is why we need a IPF, blast crowd noise at these guys at 150 decibels so that it wont matter.

You could hire a monkey with a pair of cymbals to simulate the noise you'll hear at that HS stadium on Saturday.

Or have a shirtless Gus Felder get on and off a leather couch over and over...

LOL. I doubt Gus could get on and off the couch more than 3 times. Put some corduroy pants on him and let him walk around the field.

Advertisement
"He dropped straight back in the pocket on the flag route to [Stacy] Coley and was just in the shotgun, he was wide open and he missed him. I don't think it's that...the bottom line is we have to get in the pocket, in the right spot, whether it's play-action or just gun and straight dropback, or straight dropback under center - we do a little bit of that too. We have to set the point in the right spot, have a short little hitch in the pocket, and start operating from there."

Exactly... not all those pressures should have been pressures. Kaaya needs to be able to move within the pocket with nothing more than his peripheral vision and feel.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA...they sell those panorama shots like its the big house or some ****.

image.jpg

Serious question: are there enough seats for it to be real noisy? The pic I saw looked like there wern't,p...just looked like 2 sets of bleachers.

Never mind, I guess this is respectable. Ish.

View attachment 38544

Okay, see that stadium? (You'll have to click on the attachment of Appy State's ballfield)

Count yourselves lucky that Steven Ross decided to put money into Sun Death, because the picture you see above is THE MOST those graverobber politicians and the UM Administration ever would have done out at Tropical Park for the Canes.

Advertisement
Serious question: are there enough seats for it to be real noisy? The pic I saw looked like there wern't,p...just looked like 2 sets of bleachers.

Never mind, I guess this is respectable. Ish.

View attachment 38544

Yeah I wish this was our stadium. This is the "future plans" picture. The 3rd story of bleachers on the right doesn't exist and those bleachers at the top endzone are nowhere near that size.
YXNNVYGQXWMAQBP.20120305031704.jpg

Last edited:
Not worried about Kaaya and crowd noise.
[MENTION=10620]nebraska[/MENTION] 2014 He was 28/42 359yards 3td 2int
@VTech on a Thursday night 2014 He was 7/16 for 92 yards and 1 TD (the game that Duke went off)
@FSU 2015 He was 29/49 405yards 3td

Those 3 places are against teams better than App State, in stadiums louder than Boone. Can't see crowd noise being a problem unless something drastically changed in their methods of communication pre-snap.

Two of those teams are arguably not better than App.

If you want to play transitive property games, UT wiped the turf with VT whereas they needed to recover a fumble in the end zone in overtime to beat App.

Nebraska is now on Miami's level in terms of being constantly overrated.

sad part is that Texas High schools have equal or better stadiums than that.

Last edited:
...Nebraska is now on Miami's level in terms of being constantly overrated.

Point taken. Several D1P5 teams continue to live in the fading glow of victories past..some even decades past.

Regardless...

All the Thugs vs Deliverance jokes aside...

While I appreciate your enthusiasm for the Mountaineers...I still havent seen your take on the following:

1) How does App St account for Miami's vertical threat?
2) How does App St account for Miami's short range RPO capability?
3) How does App St account for a FB larger than any DL to road grade the run game?
4) How does App St account for Miami's D without your own vertical threat?
5) Why did App St O go completely flat and not score on Tenn from 8:53 in 2Q? Completely shutout (with missed FG) in 3Q, 4Q, and OT possession?

The above 5 are A LOT for App St to answer. A LOT.

Advertisement
@VTech on a Thursday night 2014 He was 7/16 for 92 yards and 1 TD (the game that Duke went off)

Those 3 places are against teams better than App State, in stadiums louder than Boone. Can't see crowd noise being a problem unless something drastically changed in their methods of communication pre-snap.

If you want to play transitive property games, UT wiped the turf with VT whereas they needed to recover a fumble in the end zone in overtime to beat App.

Virginia Tech turned the ball over 5 times and had a bunch of penalties. They jumped on Tennessee early before they self-destructed.

Given how long it's been since we've started the year with any kind of ranking, I think we've moved beyond the consistently over-rated phase and moved into the properly-rated phase of:

a good team that can throw a surprise effort every once and again, but will regularly be outclassed by the elite-level teams, and is occasionally vulnerable to mid-tier teams.

Virginia Tech turned the ball over 5 times and had a bunch of penalties. They jumped on Tennessee early before they self-destructed.

2015 Appalachian State Mountaineers Football Schedule [MENTION=14980]ericsaid[/MENTION], stop with the whole App St is better than UT or any P5 team, look who they ******* played last year, they suck just face it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back