Richt's answer to "facilities" question...

Um alumni base is only 150k and the majority of them are from the North , compared to an Alabama , Florida ... With an alumni base of around 1 mill and most are in the same state as their school it's easy for them to fill their stadum.
We will never fill sun life for every game . The canes Fans that do show up are passionate.

Advertisement
I did a little research on published attendance.

Miami's attendance over the the last 3 years is about 48k per game. That's a ratio of about 3 for every 1 student enrolled.
That ratio ranked 9th out of the top 54 schools in attendance rankings.

The top 10 with the attendance/enrollment ratio ('13 & '14 seasons, Miami '13, '14, '15):
1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Of note: FSU 2.4, uF 1.7
Our best attendance numbers were in the early '90's where our ratio was closer to 4.

We are right in line with Stanford with enrollment and attendance numbers.
We admin should really take a look on what they did in building a 50k seat stadium for less than 100 mil.

appreciate the stats...BUT. what is it with you all up in jersey and these random obscure stats skills? reminiscent of a ****ty former corch.

Random?

People harp on our attendance stats.
There are only 4 schools on the top-54 list with an enrollment of less than 17k.
Of those schools, only Notre Dame has better attendance numbers than Miami.

Capisce??
sorry I dont speak jersey

I see you speak moron though. Dude put together some interesting stats that debunk some thinking on Miami's attendance "woes" and reinforce the idea that a smaller stadium is a good idea and what do you do? Compare him to al. Because, ya know, everybody from a state must be like everybody else. So al used stats to defend his defense and try to keep his job, wtf does that have to do with what the OP is saying?
Well we sure know who else is from jerzy

Random?

There are only 4 schools on the top-54 list with an enrollment of less than 17k.

Capisce??

I figured you couldn't follow the simplified version.
Funny guy...I've probably spent more time in South Florida he has.

agan with this jersey talk...do you randomly omit words in sentences?...did you mean "spent more time in S.F than he has"? yup...you probably did. :monkey-serious: i just grew up in Miami-Dade and lived there for 25 years.

again another Jersey guy with meaningless stats who gets offended when they get called out for using meaningless stats. Sound like you some kin to our former ****ty corch. simple jersey shore meat head porster.

happy holidays and thanks for playing guitto
That's GUIDO!

I dont speaka jerzy but thanks for the clarification

I took a sports administration class last year at UM where my professor told me the attendance numbers were made up. I know it sounds crazy to believe, but that's what he told me.
similar to random statistics...makes sense

I took a sports administration class last year at UM where my professor told me the attendance numbers were made up. I know it sounds crazy to believe, but that's what he told me.

You needed a professor to tell you that?

Advertisement
appreciate the stats...BUT. what is it with you all up in jersey and these random obscure stats skills? reminiscent of a ****ty former corch.

Random?

Capisce??

I see you speak moron though. Dude put together some interesting stats that debunk some thinking on Miami's attendance "woes" and reinforce the idea that a smaller stadium is a good idea and what do you do? Compare him to al. Because, ya know, everybody from a state must be like everybody else. So al used stats to defend his defense and try to keep his job, wtf does that have to do with what the OP is saying?

Color me surprised you didn't have a better retort.

That 48K is paid attendance. A lot different than who actually shows up at the games.

yup...guy at chruch yesterday and at the gym last week brought this up. clueless people listen to clueless media and think they informed.

Does Miami have what Bama/UGA/LSU/ND has in terms of facilities ....NO But the facilities that Miami does have are nice, they are not grand and mighty but they def nice.

Then the **** about fans is the next that comes up...Miami has never and will never be a 90K+ atmoshpere. Win and everything takes care of itself.

If the hate increases you know we doing something right. GO CANES

#embracethehate

Miami's attendance over the the last 3 years is about 48k per game. That's a ratio of about 3 for every 1 student enrolled.

The top 10 with the attendance/enrollment ratio ('13 & '14 seasons, Miami '13, '14, '15):
1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Our best attendance numbers were in the early '90's where our ratio was closer to 4.

We admin should really take a look on what they did in building a 50k seat stadium for less than 100 mil.

Random?

Capisce??

Color me surprised you didn't have a better retort.

groucho.gif~c200

yup...guy at chruch yesterday and at the gym last week brought this up. clueless people listen to clueless media and think they informed.

Does Miami have what Bama/UGA/LSU/ND has in terms of facilities ....NO But the facilities that Miami does have are nice, they are not grand and mighty but they def nice.

Then the **** about fans is the next that comes up...Miami has never and will never be a 90K+ atmoshpere. Win and everything takes care of itself.

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Good post. ND is amazing.

Advertisement
That 48K is paid attendance. A lot different than who actually shows up at the games.

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Agreed.
Some of the schools on the list sell out every game, whereas others, I would think, are hot and cold like our fans.
Even if you take 10k off the 48k number, the 2.5+/- per student enrollment fares well in comparison to other schools.

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

The entire list of schools was based on paid attendance. Even cutting our number by 20% (39k) leaves us with a 2.5 ratio. 34 teams on the list had a ratio of less than 2.5
That still leaves us in the top-20 without reducing the other schools numbers to actual attendance.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back