Richt's answer to "facilities" question...

yup...guy at chruch yesterday and at the gym last week brought this up. clueless people listen to clueless media and think they informed.

Does Miami have what Bama/UGA/LSU/ND has in terms of facilities ....NO But the facilities that Miami does have are nice, they are not grand and mighty but they def nice.

Then the **** about fans is the next that comes up...Miami has never and will never be a 90K+ atmoshpere. Win and everything takes care of itself.

If the hate increases you know we doing something right. GO CANES

#embracethehate

I did a little research on published attendance.

Miami's attendance over the the last 3 years is about 48k per game. That's a ratio of about 3 for every 1 student enrolled.
That ratio ranked 9th out of the top 54 schools in attendance rankings.

The top 10 with the attendance/enrollment ratio ('13 & '14 seasons, Miami '13, '14, '15):
1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Of note: FSU 2.4, uF 1.7
Our best attendance numbers were in the early '90's where our ratio was closer to 4.

We are right in line with Stanford with enrollment and attendance numbers.
We admin should really take a look on what they did in building a 50k seat stadium for less than 100 mil.

The "published attendance" and the actual number of people sitting in the stands are completely different. If you think Miami has an average of nearly 50,000 people sitting in its stands every home game, you are out of your mind.

We are talking averages here. NOT every home game.

"Published" attendance numbers are paid attendance. Paid attendance and actual attendance differences are not unique to the Miami football program. Of the top 54 schools i looked at, we are the only school that has only a percentage of the paid seats show?

The point was missed.

Let me try this one:
Only 4 schools on the top 54 list had enrollment less than 17k students.
Only ND was considerably higher in attendance than Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Facilities is a talking point for SEC nerds to convince themselves that they are fans of big time programs.

yup...guy at chruch yesterday and at the gym last week brought this up. clueless people listen to clueless media and think they informed.

Does Miami have what Bama/UGA/LSU/ND has in terms of facilities ....NO But the facilities that Miami does have are nice, they are not grand and mighty but they def nice.

Then the **** about fans is the next that comes up...Miami has never and will never be a 90K+ atmoshpere. Win and everything takes care of itself.

#embracethehate

Miami's attendance over the the last 3 years is about 48k per game. That's a ratio of about 3 for every 1 student enrolled.

The top 10 with the attendance/enrollment ratio ('13 & '14 seasons, Miami '13, '14, '15):
1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Our best attendance numbers were in the early '90's where our ratio was closer to 4.

We admin should really take a look on what they did in building a 50k seat stadium for less than 100 mil.

appreciate the stats...BUT. what is it with you all up in jersey and these random obscure stats skills? reminiscent of a ****ty former corch.

Random?

People harp on our attendance stats.
There are only 4 schools on the top-54 list with an enrollment of less than 17k.
Of those schools, only Notre Dame has better attendance numbers than Miami.

Capisce??

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

appreciate the stats...BUT. what is it with you all up in jersey and these random obscure stats skills? reminiscent of a ****ty former corch.

Random?

There are only 4 schools on the top-54 list with an enrollment of less than 17k.

Capisce??
sorry I dont speak jersey

Facilities is a talking point for SEC nerds to convince themselves that they are fans of big time programs.

No doubt. I love the stadium is 45 minutes away from campus argument. I mean, a south florida recruit would have problems getting on a bus to drive 45 minutes to play their homes games, but wouldn't mind going 12 hours away to Bama to play in a on-campus stadium? Doesn't make logical sense.

Advertisement

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Random?

Capisce??

I figured you couldn't follow the simplified version.
Funny guy...I've probably spent more time in South Florida he has.

I heard up until recently UGA didn't even have a 100 yard practice field. UCLA apparently still doesn't have one. we have two full fields I believe.

This is not true. They have two turf fields though one of them is only like 80 yards. Then Two 75 yard fields side by side. They also have an indoor turf facility that is about 25 yards wide and 50 yards long.

Been all in their facilities, one of my former players played for them and I coached dawg night camp for Richt. Difference in pay between working Golden Camp and Richt camp was $520, guess who paid more....

Miami's facilities are much better the last 3 years. LIKE LIGHT YEARS BETTER. They can now be considered Respectable.

I have been in NC States, North Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Florida, USF, Miami, FAU, FIU, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, and LSU. If I had to rank them this is what it would look like.

Alabama
Tennessee
NC State
Florida State
Georgia
Florida (Before Indoor Complex)
LSU
Georgia Tech
Miami
USF
North Carolina
FAU
Vanderbilt
FIU
South Alabama

Advertisement
I heard up until recently UGA didn't even have a 100 yard practice field. UCLA apparently still doesn't have one. we have two full fields I believe.

I know when Shaq was a soph in HS... they had four... and a indoor 50 yarder

Ok I stand corrected. I was just repeating some nonsense I read or hear somewhere else. But i think ucla might not have a full field.

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Random?

Capisce??

agan with this jersey talk...do you randomly omit words in sentences?...did you mean "spent more time in S.F than he has"? yup...you probably did. :monkey-serious: i just grew up in Miami-Dade and lived there for 25 years.

again another Jersey guy with meaningless stats who gets offended when they get called out for using meaningless stats. Sound like you some kin to our former ****ty corch. simple jersey shore meat head porster.

happy holidays and thanks for playing guitto

Last edited by a moderator:

Random?

Capisce??

agan with this jersey talk...do you randomly omit words in sentences?...did you mean "spent more time in S.F than he has"? yup...you probably did. :monkey-serious: i just grew up in Miami-Dade and lived there for 25 years.

again another Jersey guy with meaningless stats who gets offended when they get called out for using meaningless stats. Sound like you some kin to our former ****ty corch. simple jersey shore meat head porster.

Do you randomly omit letters from words?
I know what I'm dealing with when the focus is on a typo and not the point.

There was no offense taken at all.
Basically what those stats tell you is that Miami, in relation to it's enrollment, draws the same as the bigger schools, whether they draw 48k or 38k, the ratio is still pretty good.

But again, I don't expect you to follow along with simple math concepts.
I get it. If you don't understand something, it's "meaningless". We've established that.

I'm fine with all this. It seems you're the one getting keyboard tough....

"Sound like you some kin to our former ****ty corch. simple jersey shore meat head porster."

No not even close. Let me guess, you were an avid watcher of "Jersey Shore" and you know everything about the state, yes? Haha!, I knew it!

Keep up with the those generalizations and that way of talking.
You'll go far in life... prick.

Oh....and Happy Holidays to you too!...prick.

Last edited:
Fellow Fans,

I grew up actually attending all the OB games in years gone past...and even during the most dominant seasons ('87 and '00, '01, and '02 in my opinion) the stadium was rarely full except for "big" games (aren't they all really?). The problem isn't going to be solved by filling in Lake Osceola next to the Rat. The issue is South Florida itself, just like LA. USC and UCLA don't sell out either. Why? Because there is just too much competition for time and disposable income in these markets. Why does Alabama have 100k at a scrimmage? BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN ALABAMA...and admit it or not, the available pass times are not on the same level as South Florida.

Our Canes play in arguably a TOP 5 NFL venue, what better facilities are there going to be? So what its half empty? Winning games is the only performance metric that needs to be worried about. I attended this year's UM-UNC matchup in Chapel Hill--gorgeous on campus facility with a team on a great run during the season. You know how many attended? Maybe 2/3s full...maybe...and that wasn't even until after EOQ1.

The real problem with Sun Life (always Joe Robbie to me) is distance. Somehow UM needs to figure a way to make student access easy...and compelling. Maybe ramp up the party bus atmosphere, have laid out tailgating ready upon arrival, and even consider pre-game concerts featuring local acts. What better way to say..we are Miami..than to have EDM girls on TV. Another is to get the local South Florida populace out...and the Dolphins don't even sell out!

If UM can conjure a way to make the game experience compelling and of consumer value, the fans will overflow whatever stadium they play in.

Advertisement
Fellow Fans,

I grew up actually attending all the OB games in years gone past...and even during the most dominant seasons ('87 and '00, '01, and '02 in my opinion) the stadium was rarely full except for "big" games (aren't they all really?). The problem isn't going to be solved by filling in Lake Osceola next to the Rat. The issue is South Florida itself, just like LA. USC and UCLA don't sell out either. Why? Because there is just too much competition for time and disposable income in these markets. Why does Alabama have 100k at a scrimmage? BECAUSE THEY LIVE IN ALABAMA...and admit it or not, the available pass times are not on the same level as South Florida.

Our Canes play in arguably a TOP 5 NFL venue, what better facilities are there going to be? So what its half empty? Winning games is the only performance metric that needs to be worried about. I attended this year's UM-UNC matchup in Chapel Hill--gorgeous on campus facility with a team on a great run during the season. You know how many attended? Maybe 2/3s full...maybe...and that wasn't even until after EOQ1.

The real problem with Sun Life (always Joe Robbie to me) is distance. Somehow UM needs to figure a way to make student access easy...and compelling. Maybe ramp up the party bus atmosphere, have laid out tailgating ready upon arrival, and even consider pre-game concerts featuring local acts. What better way to say..we are Miami..than to have EDM girls on TV. Another is to get the local South Florida populace out...and the Dolphins don't even sell out!

If UM can conjure a way to make the game experience compelling and of consumer value, the fans will overflow whatever stadium they play in.

Not sold

Random?

Capisce??

Do you randomly omit letters from words?
I know what I'm dealing with when the focus is on a typo and not the point.

There was no offense taken at all.
Basically what those stats tell you is that Miami, in relation to it's enrollment, draws the same as the bigger schools, whether they draw 48k or 38k, the ratio is still pretty good.

But again, I don't expect you to follow along with simple math concepts.
I get it. If you don't understand something, it's "meaningless". We've established that.

I'm fine with all this. It seems you're the one getting keyboard tough....

"Sound like you some kin to our former ****ty corch. simple jersey shore meat head porster."

No not even close. Let me guess, you were an avid watcher of "Jersey Shore" and you know everything about the state, yes? Haha!, I knew it!

Keep up with the those generalizations and that way of talking.
You'll go far in life... prick.

Oh....and Happy Holidays to you too!...prick.

thanks guitto. I really appreciate your mathematical expertise and breaking things down to us simps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami needs to upgrade the living spaces of the players ASAP. I have been to schools like Uga and auburn and those particularly are a lot better. Our football facilities are good and would be great with a indoor practice facility

Advertisement
I took a sports administration class last year at UM where my professor told me the attendance numbers were made up. I know it sounds crazy to believe, but that's what he told me.

Random?

Capisce??

That's GUIDO!

#embracethehate

1. ND 9.6
2. TCU 5
3. USC 4
4. LSU 3.8
5. Clemson 3.7
6. Nebraska 3.6
7. Auburn 3.4
8. Tenn 3.2
9. Miami 3.0
10. Stanford 3.0

Random?

Capisce??

I see you speak moron though. Dude put together some interesting stats that debunk some thinking on Miami's attendance "woes" and reinforce the idea that a smaller stadium is a good idea and what do you do? Compare him to al. Because, ya know, everybody from a state must be like everybody else. So al used stats to defend his defense and try to keep his job, wtf does that have to do with what the OP is saying?

UGA's facilities are not on par with Auburn, Alabama and other SEC schools, but they are ahead of Miami. I think Auburn has a freaking waterfall in their student union or dorm or some crazy ****.

Advertisement
Back