Richt working another FSU Commit

Advertisement
McDermott & Darling could have been better if they came in under an actual staff

McDermott & Darling could have been better if they came in under an actual staff

McDermott definitely. I dont know what to say about Darling. Came in with alot of hype and never really put it together. That said, the Guard spot is in good hands with Reed and Scaife for the next 3-4 years. (fingers crossed)

Advertisement
Herbert is probably going to slide in at left tackle if I had to guess. Hillery will probably back up both spots. If Herbert and Hillery can't play the blindside than I would think you slide St. Louis over...he was good this year and keeps getting better.

For me the big issue is that the line doesn't move people out of the way when they need to. I'll take as many of these big road graders than can uproot a DT and move their feet as possible.

For the ND game, there was an OL from the '18 class that visited along with a monster-sized DT also from the '18 class.

Can't remember their names, but it was in the thread about the recruits to that game.

OT: Normally St.Thomas Aquinas produce good OL, any prospects this year?

Yep.

It's amazing how many more "busts" we have with rubbish coaching (and development).

It's almost like we could connect the two.

Advertisement
Can't have enough maulers up front.

Gotta find an elite tackle still.

Look up Jalen Goss. He’s thin but if he was 300 pounds, he would be a starter tomorrow.

Wasn't he an underwhelming TE committed to the gaytors? I guess he's an OT now.

**** no, the kid is a tackle prospect. Michigan and Auburn both want him.

Good for them. A 6'3" tackle? LoL. He better have arms like an orangutan. Looks and moves like a classic pulling guard at the next level.

Can't have enough maulers up front.

Gotta find an elite tackle still.

Look up Jalen Goss. He’s thin but if he was 300 pounds, he would be a starter tomorrow.

Good for them. A 6'3" tackle? LoL. He better have arms like an orangutan. Looks and moves like a classic pulling guard at the next level.

Wtf are you talking about? Jalen Goss is 6’7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’re starting to pick up on the interior OL prospects but I’m waiting on that elite OT prospect. I know it would’ve been a tough pull but we should’ve been all over Cade Mays. We targeted Leatherwood last year and we need to continue targeting the elite OTs. That’s something South Florida lacks.

Advertisement
Yep.

It's amazing how many more "busts" we have with rubbish coaching (and development).

KC is what he is. A good player, overachiever, smart kid, greater leader. He is limited athletically.

LoL, I thought we are talking about Meadows. A kid like Goss is a project. We need kids who can step right in as a redshirt freshman in the two deep in my opinion.

Last edited:
Yep.

KC is what he is. A good player, overachiever, smart kid, greater leader. He is limited athletically.

This. If we had recruited the line well the past 5 years he would be a right tackle and we would all have a much higher opinion.

Advertisement
Richt wants to get to a point where we can impose our will in the running game.

Clearly, that's what great team do, and it's what saves their *** when the Pitts of the world get a little feisty.

There is no way to do that without a major upgrade on the OL. This is where it begins.

LoL, I thought we are talking about Meadows. A kid like Goss is a project. We need kids who can step right in as a redshirt freshman in the two deep in my opinion.

I'm almost certain he was a TE commit to UiF at some point. It's in Gator Tears but that thing is now 551 pages.

Clearly, that's what great team do, and it's what saves their *** when the Pitts of the world get a little feisty.

There is no way to do that without a major upgrade on the OL. This is where it begins.

THIS, THIS AND THIS!!

I look at the Georgia line, much of which Richt recruited. Those dudes are bullies. Their starting left tackle is Isaiah Wynn. He is 6'2" and was recruited as an "interior prospect". Lamont Gaillard is a converted DT.

Their line works because the kids are mean and get after people, which matters more than anything else. Ideally we have the physical prototypes at each position, but until we have the nasty demeanor, that **** is secondary.

https://dawnofthedawg.com/2017/12/04/georgia-football-offensive-line-better/

Advertisement
Back