Richt v. Butch (putting the ignorance to rest)

jackedaround

Junior
Looks very similar if you ask me. Minus the title (s) - or robbing of 1. I gave credit for the 3 best years after he was gone and not the 9-3 season in 2004 that was technically also butch's team. Also, per Butch zombie loyalists I disregarded all his time at UNC which really didn't count according to them.

Richt also played a much more difficult schedule and never lost more than 4 games when facing a top 20 schedule. I think both are very good coaches but being 9 years younger and without the baggage I can see why they jumped on him.

That said put your dumb differences aside and relax. You got a top 10 coach believe it or not.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why are you counting the 02 and 03 teams? I think that is really stretching it for Butch.

It's either you won or you didnt. No reason for Butch to claim any of those wins from 01-04 other that saying he recruited those players.

Advertisement
So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to a Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes are better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

None of this matters now. Richt is the coach. It's unknown how Butch or anyone else would do in the same position....

While I'd like to believe that Butch would've done well, it's really water far under the bridge at this point...

Advertisement
So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to a Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes are better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

You're right, we gotta rip up Richt's contract and go get Larry Coker!! I'm excited now. Or I guess you want that loser Schiano. Because all reports show Butch wasn't even the 2nd choice. Or maybe **** we should run out and get Ron Zook. Afterall we know all the Gators success with Meyer was because of Zook right? Man these are the dumbest arguments i have ever seen on a message board.

So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes is better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

Not to be a d8ck and disparage those teams because I agree the talent Butch amassed was second to none on that 01 squad, BUT.... you are comparing an SEC coach to what was the BIG LEAST at the time.

And giving credit to Butch for the 02 and 03 squads is asinine. So what if he recruited some/most of those players. The knock on Butch more than anything was his gameday coaching. Richt has recruited great classes and talent too. So if you are going to slam him for losses with good talent at UGA, you cant just pretend that Butch would magically have won all those games in 02 or 03 just because they were mostly his players.

Im a fan of Butch, but lets not get idiotic here with the comparisons.

Advertisement
Butch gets no credit for games that he never coached. He wasn't wearing a headset in Cleveland that ran all the way to Miami.

Butch gets no credit for games that he never coached. He wasn't wearing a headset in Cleveland that ran all the way to Miami.

for the non zombies, look who played the harder schedule. dont give me the scholarship bullcrap. the SOS was 80th.

ww.jpg

So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes is better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

Not to be a d8ck and disparage those teams because I agree the talent Butch amassed was second to none on that 01 squad, BUT.... you are comparing an SEC coach to what was the BIG LEAST at the time.

And giving credit to Butch for the 02 and 03 squads is asinine. So what if he recruited some/most of those players. The knock on Butch more than anything was his gameday coaching. Richt has recruited great classes and talent too. So if you are going to slam him for losses with good talent at UGA, you cant just pretend that Butch would magically have won all those games in 02 or 03 just because they were mostly his players.

I did not make it. The Fool OP did. I just crushed his comparison.

Advertisement
Are you a complete moron?

You forgot his UNC record.

Mark Richt is 10 times the football coach Butch is.

Nice Try!

I did not make it. The Fool OP did. I just crushed his comparison.

look up piggy

Advertisement
Back