Richt v. Butch (putting the ignorance to rest)

Advertisement
So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes is better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

Not to be a d8ck and disparage those teams because I agree the talent Butch amassed was second to none on that 01 squad, BUT.... you are comparing an SEC coach to what was the BIG LEAST at the time.

And giving credit to Butch for the 02 and 03 squads is asinine. So what if he recruited some/most of those players. The knock on Butch more than anything was his gameday coaching. Richt has recruited great classes and talent too. So if you are going to slam him for losses with good talent at UGA, you cant just pretend that Butch would magically have won all those games in 02 or 03 just because they were mostly his players.

Im a fan of Butch, but lets not get idiotic here with the comparisons.

I did not make it. The Fool OP did. I just crushed his comparison.

you're a ******* idiot.

Looks very similar if you ask me. Minus the title (s) - or robbing of 1. I gave credit for the 3 best years after he was gone and not the 9-3 season in 2004 that was technically also butch's team.

Richt also played a much more difficult schedule and never lost more than 4 games when facing a top 20 schedule. I think both are very good coaches but being 9 years younger and without the baggage I can see why they jumped on him.

That said put your dumb differences aside and relax. You got a top 10 coach believe it or not.

View attachment 34180

"butch davis at miami and unc"

includes 3 years that he didn't coach in miami and omits unc record.

Looks very similar if you ask me. Minus the title (s) - or robbing of 1. I gave credit for the 3 best years after he was gone and not the 9-3 season in 2004 that was technically also butch's team.

Richt also played a much more difficult schedule and never lost more than 4 games when facing a top 20 schedule. I think both are very good coaches but being 9 years younger and without the baggage I can see why they jumped on him.

That said put your dumb differences aside and relax. You got a top 10 coach believe it or not.

View attachment 34180

"butch davis at miami and unc"

includes 3 years that he didn't coach in miami and omits unc record.

i didnt change the header for good reason, butch zombies believe his record at unc shouldnt count and he gets credit for clappy's best years.

Advertisement
So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to a Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes are better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

Instead of comparing apples to oranges. Why don't you compare their coaching stints, while active at the same time, with no sanctions. Straight up! Here let me help you:

BUTCH DAVIS - Overall - 28-23 - (15-17 ACC Play) - Bowl games - 1-2
2007 UNC - 4-8
2008 UNC - 8-5
2009 UNC - 8-5
2010 UNC - 8-5

MARK RICHT - Overall - 35-17 - (19-11 - SEC play) - Bowl Games 4-1
2007 UGA - 11-2
2008 UGA - 10-3
2009 UGA - 8-5
2010 UGA - 6-7

Throw away the two extremes and Coach Richt still has a better record over that same span. The point of this is, all data can be manipulated to support who your first choice coach should be. There are more complex factors to this hire than simple comparables like wins and losses.

Richt is a home run hire and the best coach we could have gotten. Butch I think would have done a decent job, but to keep beating this dead horse is ridiculous. We just got one of the best coaches in cfb. Support him and stop living in the imaginary world of butch davis as HC

So you Compare an Under-Achieving Coach with Top Recruiting Classes to a Coach that suffered through 33 loss scholarships......and the Under-Achieving Coach still Loses.

2000, 2001 and 2002 Hurricanes are better than anything Richt has ever done in 15 years!

Nice Try!

Now now Sonny. he is being fair. Butch gets one NC and one loss NC in 9 year stint. JJ did the same in his 5 years. Dennis did better with 2 wins and 1 loss. Mark zero in 15 years. So Dennis>JJ>Butch. That sounds right. This is Miami and NC is what matter. Outside of that, Butch 79% Mark 75% winning %. Mark might have had harder schedule, we could argue that since Butch played FSU at their height and Mark benefits from SEC bias, but we can agree Mark had tough schedule. Lost on the list is impact of worse ncaa sanctions ever. But forget that and call 79 and 75 a tie. Mark is definitely a very good coach, maybe even top 15. Just that since we play to win it all, Butch is better. It was said of The Bear, that he could take his players and beat yours, then take your players and beat his. Well, Butch's players were so good they could take any coach and bet any team, any time.

I think Mark has trouble winning the game that matters. I think Butch has the occasional brain fart that cost a game. That is a coin toss to me. What isn't a toss is Butch's players verses Mark's. Mark's are good to great. Butch's are great to HOF and so so many more. All that said, we have Mark and he is the best we could expect from our sad *** little stupid school. He is a a top 15 coach. The problem is some of us want to be # one not top 15.

Advertisement

Nice Try!

Now now Sonny. he is being fair. Butch gets one NC and one loss NC in 9 year stint. JJ did the same in his 5 years. Dennis did better with 2 wins and 1 loss. Mark zero in 15 years. So Dennis>JJ>Butch. That sounds right. This is Miami and NC is what matter. Outside of that, Butch 79% Mark 75% winning %. Mark might have had harder schedule, we could argue that since Butch played FSU at their height and Mark benefits from SEC bias, but we can agree Mark had tough schedule. Lost on the list is impact of worse ncaa sanctions ever. But forget that and call 79 and 75 a tie. Mark is definitely a very good coach, maybe even top 15. Just that since we play to win it all, Butch is better. It was said of The Bear, that he could take his players and beat yours, then take your players and beat his. Well, Butch's players were so good they could take any coach and bet any team, any time.

I think Mark has trouble winning the game that matters. I think Butch has the occasional brain fart that cost a game. That is a coin toss to me. What isn't a toss is Butch's players verses Mark's. Mark's are good to great. Butch's are great to HOF and so so many more. All that said, we have Mark and he is the best we could expect from our sad *** little stupid school. He is a a top 15 coach. The problem is some of us want to be # one not top 15.

urban, saban, d'antonio, stoops and harbaugh werent even options and everyone knows this. you got the best coach you could. you werent getting gundy, briles or patterson either. so who else is there? chip kelly? yeah right....

herman was just too inexperienced to gamble on. plus he wouldnt put one *** in the seats prior to the season.

WTF is going on here?

Nice Try!

Looks very similar if you ask me. Minus the title (s) - or robbing of 1. I gave credit for the 3 best years after he was gone and not the 9-3 season in 2004 that was technically also butch's team. Also, per Butch zombie loyalists I disregarded all his time at UNC which really didn't count according to them.

View attachment 34180

Yo mane...let's these pha99ots **** bro

Advertisement
Can we ******* stop with these threads? I love Butch, and wanted him to get the job, but Richt is our guy, so can we please just support him.

I've said this a million times across a million thread but just comparing records is ridiculous.

So much goes into a coaches record that can slant it one way or the other.

Are they at a top program?
Are they rebuilding?
Did they take over a solid winning program?
Where are they in terms of talent availability within the conference/division?

WTF is going on here?

Nice Try!

Couple of Butch people trying to come down off the high of thinking we were getting him. Back off.

Advertisement
So according to op if richt wins the natl championship in the next 3 years then it counts as al golden winning the natty.

Giving wins to butch when he's not hc is absurd just like your chart

So according to op if richt wins the natl championship in the next 3 years then it counts as al golden winning the natty.

Giving wins to butch when he's not hc is absurd just like your chart

OP is mocking Butch Zombies.

Advertisement
Back