Richt, QBs update position battle

Advertisement
"The biggest difference for me is how I watch film. Before Duke, I really didn't watch film -- I kinda just came out to practice and did what they told me.

Wow, man. Just wow.

Above all else, I'm happy to see that this QB competition is actually a competition.

If Perry just rolled onto campus, faced zero obstacles, and was anointed the starter right away, then I don't think it would serve him or the team well. The fact that Evan is making him work for it is a blessing.

If Perry is to be the starter, then I want it to be because he worked his butt off in beating out a kid like Evan, who is also clearly working his tail off.

Evan Shireffs is definitely making a name for himself as a greentree all american... the scrimmages is what Richt wants to see. I think he knows Evans choked big time in last years scrimmage so how he performs under real pressure is what will decide who starts going into the season.

Nobody is crowning Evan man. Take the comments for what they are. Nobody is on here saying he's throwing for deep touchdowns and lighting the defense up.

Advertisement
"The biggest difference for me is how I watch film. Before Duke, I really didn't watch film -- I kinda just came out to practice and did what they told me. But now I'll be with the coach watching film, I'll be in treatment watching it, at home watching it. I've already looked at Arkansas State and Notre Dame and trying to see teams we will be playing ahead of time," he added.

WTF? who were the coaches? how can this happen at a D1 school?

¿donde esta el cubanito?

It's crazy. We had a couple of glorified pop warner coaches running the show...sad.

Go Canes!

Evan Shireffs is definitely making a name for himself as a greentree all american... the scrimmages is what Richt wants to see. I think he knows Evans choked big time in last years scrimmage so how he performs under real pressure is what will decide who starts going into the season.

Nobody is crowning Evan man. Take the comments for what they are. Nobody is on here saying he's throwing for deep touchdowns and lighting the defense up.

The question is, is anyone? Is there any QB currently on our roster that is lighting anything up, even the 2s or 3s?

QB is the alpha and omega of this team right now. Really looking forward to hearing reports from upcoming scrimmages so we can hopefully get some kind of feel for separation and pecking order...

"The biggest difference for me is how I watch film. Before Duke, I really didn't watch film -- I kinda just came out to practice and did what they told me. But now I'll be with the coach watching film, I'll be in treatment watching it, at home watching it. I've already looked at Arkansas State and Notre Dame and trying to see teams we will be playing ahead of time," he added.

¿donde esta el cubanito?

The Golden experiment continues to bear fruit. Bitter, bitter fruit.

Advertisement

¿donde esta el cubanito?

Alarming. Explain so much about the program and its results. I guess the thought he might actually have to play didn't cross his mind. No wonder his being pushed by a "walk on" and true freshmans.
I don't fully blame him. You had coaches that anointed kaaya and weren't going to give the starting job to anyone else. I can see where a kid gets down on the situation and goes through the motions. It's the coaches job to make sure a fire is lit for both the starter and the backup to a certain degree. There has to be self motivation but in this scenario I understand why that may have been lacking on rosiers part

You're one snap away from being the starter. So that **** holds no water. Backups need to prepare like they are starters. Ask Billy Joe Hobert.

Hey, he was busy not watching film down at the baseball practice facilities...

If you know what to listen for, CMR will tell you what he wants, and also when he's found it.

"He's a machine in how he operates. His ball handling is pristine -- he's going to the right people for the right reasons, he's got energy, he's got leadership. He's having a good camp," Richt said.

Shirreffs still has to put it all together in a live action situation, but those things Richt just laid out are the things he looks for in a QB.

yea this pretty much sums it up lol

LOL...as if watching film would've made a difference against a Clemson pass rush that knocked Kaaya's *** out with a 2 man rush...LOL. Look, He beat Duke despite poor film study habits...and He said "before Duke", 2 years ago...get over yourselves...sheez...LOL.

Advertisement
LOL...as if watching film would've made a difference against a Clemson pass rush that knocked Kaaya's *** out with a 2 man rush...LOL. Look, He beat Duke despite poor film study habits...and He said "before Duke", 2 years ago...get over yourselves...sheez...LOL.

I'm assuming you're one of those that stick with Rosier regardless of what stats or facts are thrown your way. Not watching film your first two years as a QB is a significant flaw as a player. That Duke team he played had a fairly mediocre defense as well. And in the end, he didn't beat Duke, we had to rely on a miracle kickoff return to beat Duke. Rosier simply did enough that game to make sure we didn't lose the game. But by no means did he light them up that day.

Advertisement
I'd say they did: three phantom pass interference calls in a row and a fake TD. The official who made the TD call couldn't even see the play because players were obstructing his view.

Advertisement
Back