Richt Playcalling (Yes, Another One)

Specifically his final drive play calls these last two weeks--

As close to flawless as you can get.

Against GT in particular, those bubble screens on the last drive were a stroke of genius.

It's perplexing he can't dial it up like that the other 95 % of the time.

Advertisement

Against GT in particular, those bubble screens on the last drive were a stroke of genius.

On that 3rd and 10 play where rosier he handed to homer rosier should have thrown It out to the flats so that’s not on richt

On that 3rd and 10 play where rosier he handed to homer rosier should have thrown It out to the flats so that’s not on richt

Oh yeah. Rosier made two horrible reads actually. Kept it when he should'v given it. Then gave it when he should've kept it.

I don't think Richt gets as much credit for squeezing not just productivity, but darn good passing numbers on the whole, out of Malik Rosier. He struggled last year, but I think we might be missing some of his progression because of the QB change. I would not be shocked to see whoever Malik's successor is to put up video game numbers.

Oh yeah. Rosier made two horrible reads actually. Kept it when he should'v given it. Then gave it when he should've kept it.

On another drive where we punted in the 4th, Rosier kept it and should have handed it off to homer who would have had a BIG run

Advertisement
I was begging for the bubble screens on twitter from the first drive of the game. They played off our WRs the entire game. It was obvious they were going to work. I guess he saves that in his back pocket until we need it.

Who would have thought it would work for 5+ 6 times in a row?

Sure the screens worked on the last drive but why not call them early on to get Malik in rhythm?

I was begging for the bubble screens on twitter from the first drive of the game. They played off our WRs the entire game. It was obvious they were going to work. I guess he saves that in his back pocket until we need it.

Who would have thought it would work for 5+ 6 times in a row?

Randy Edsall

Advertisement

As Richt himself pointed out, most of those plays were RPOs with Rosier making the right call.

Rosier made a couple of bad calls, but the slot receiver was facing a DB about 20 yards deep, kinda like the old D'Onofrio defense.

First half play calling was not good as per usual with Richt. Homer was ripping off 8 yards+ every time he touched the ball but for some reason Richt had Rosier slinging the ball downfield every other play.

Real ballsy to run the RPO on that final drive. Richt gives up a lot of control, which could lead to clock management issues.

Props to Rosier for marching us down the field tho. Those bubble screens were beautiful - you could almost feel the score coming. We got great blocking from our WRs and Berrios is just shifty and has great situational awareness (always knows where the sticks are to get that 1st down and stop the clock).

Was I the only one really hoping we would try to punch it in at the end of the game? That field looked disastrous - I didn’t want to kick it unless we had to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the bubble screens were more on georgia tech.. I had to check real quick if D'onofrio was their defensive coordinator! Why did it take 7 bubble screens for them to make an adjustment lol

Advertisement
Great last drive, but we shouldn't have been in that position against GT.

I thought the bubble screens were more on georgia tech.. I had to check real quick if D'onofrio was their defensive coordinator! Why did it take 7 bubble screens for them to make an adjustment lol

IT is a pick your poison situation though.

The jackets don't want to play bump and run on the line against us in that situation because it takes one little move and someone beats their DBs deep for a long gain.

So don't make it seem like it is easy for a Defensive coordinator in that situation to figure out what he should do against our weapons.

Advertisement
What's perplexing is the timing of the bubble screens.

Should have gone to it earlier.

Against App. ST. last year we went to it early and stuck with it for a bit until they adjusted.

It was nice to see us attacking with bubble screens, as oppose to us being attacked with bubble screens in years past

This 1000%! Between those 2 plays we would have picked up at another 20 rushing yards total for the game.

Advertisement
Back