Richt on wqam

Malik is the starter win, lose or draw.

Whoever the QB2 is will only play late 2nd half vs Savannah St & FIU, that's it.

Richt not pulling Malik after a bad game, that would defeat the purpose of starting him in the first place. He's sticking with Rosier come **** or high water.

And I'm fine with that, just better not hear the same old excuses as always if things don't go right.
Agree

Advertisement
I would be pretty content if the OL improved to the point we could convert SOME of our 3rd and 2 or less chances.

Man, it seems like it's been forever since we've had a QB we had real confidence in.

I rather have Malik Rosier as our starting QB over the other QBs at this point. He's already been through all of the highs and lows so that experience should make him a better qb this season.

you think malik thinks in a three dimensional process like that?

his comments at pitt told you he hasn't even peeped over 2d yet

Advertisement
Man, it seems like it's been forever since we've had a QB we had real confidence in.
Yeah it’s almost too good to be true. I guess It can be a positive richt has confidence in him. At least it’s something we can go off after seeing him pull off some good victories in his first year starter and break a 7 game losing streak that are previous QBs for whatever the reason couldn’t do

Let's hope the OL can move guys. With four pairs of fresh legs at RB plus a top FB, a decent OL will allow Cane domination and make Rosier's job a lot easier.

Advertisement
Malik is the guy this year whether y’all like it or not. Y’all waiting for Richt to say otherwise and it’s not happening. He’s not getting pulled after 2 or 3 games. He’s the guy the whole season barring injury... Let’s support the 5th year QB who wasn’t suppose to be a D1 QB instead of bashing him every post.

Malik is the starter win, lose or draw.

Whoever the QB2 is will only play late 2nd half vs Savannah St & FIU, that's it.

Richt not pulling Malik after a bad game, that would defeat the purpose of starting him in the first place. He's sticking with Rosier come **** or high water.

And I'm fine with that, just better not hear the same old excuses as always if things don't go right.

You mean for the whole season? I wouldn't agree with that. We saw him pull Malik last year and with a halfway decent backup this year Richt might get an itchy trigger finger depending on how Rosier plays.

You mean for the whole season? I wouldn't agree with that. We saw him pull Malik last year and with a halfway decent backup this year Richt might get an itchy trigger finger depending on how Rosier plays.

And he pretty much just admitted that pulling Malik was a mistake he regrets. He felt he should have given him a chance to work through it considering how he'd been able to do so in previous close games.

So yeah...there goes that whole, Richt's just itching to yank him, narrative.

And he pretty much just admitted that pulling Malik was a mistake he regrets. He felt he should have given him a chance to work through it considering how he'd been able to do so in previous close games.

So yeah...there goes that whole, Richt's just itching to yank him, narrative.

Not trying to create a narrative. I haven't really followed the team news as closely as prior years this offseason, was just going off what I saw last season.

Advertisement
Here is the link to the interview with coach Richt from today on WQAM

Link
0718-Mark Richt.mp3

Go Canes

Basically what I heard was Richt confidence in the young OL. That's great but what about this season?

Richt confidence in Tito. Also it doesn't seem like we have good enough depth at DT right now. Richt feels we need help inside.

The IPF will be 90 yards instead of the 80 like they originally said which is great.

Not trying to create a narrative. I haven't really followed the team news as closely as prior years this offseason, was just going off what I saw last season.
No no. Sorry if my tone came off as accusatory. The narrative has been established for a while now that CMR is going to have Rosier on a short leash. I was just pointing out that he pretty much said the opposite today.

Advertisement
Rosier won't be pulled at all, he could throw 4INT's in one game & even if we were getting blown out Rosier will stay in there for every snap.

The backups were never competing for the starting job, just for QB2. But otherwise, they'll be holding clipboards this season.

Rosier won't be pulled at all, he could throw 4INT's in one game & even if we were getting blown out Rosier will stay in there for every snap.

The backups were never competing for the starting job, just for QB2. But otherwise, they'll be holding clipboards this season.

That's disappointing.

So another wasted season then?

Nice. No matter how hard they try I'll never get used to it.

pastor richt being very pastor'ish

I've said it before and i'll say it again, any qb who made those comments after the pitt game would never start another game on my team

Disagree heavily with this take. Richt strikes me as a man of integrity. He told us, the media, and those kids that they would have an opportunity to earn the job, and they still have an opportunity. No one yet has earned the job, and take it for what it is, but both Ahmmon and Jaquan today said that Rosier has really been putting in the extra work this off season to prove his doubters wrong. He attacks the drills rather than just participates. He's correcting the young guys, and really becoming vocal and showing the leadership qualities he was often lacking last season.

As much as we all were thrilled when he hit that pass vs. FSU, sometimes it's not enough to rise above the moment. Sometimes you have to possess the ability to get others to raise their game to that next level also.

One thing in his WQAM segment that stood out to me is when Richt referred to Aaron Murray as a really buttoned down, gym rat guy who came to campus with a fire and determination to compete, and he said that our young guys aren't slouches, but they hadn't shown that level of competitiveness to put in the extra work.

Take the comments from media day, and couple it with Richt ending spring camp saying the competition would be open "till the bitter end," and today saying he doesn't see anybody knocking Rosier off his spot this fall, and what it amounts to is that Rosier has busted his *** to get better, and instead of losing ground to the young guns, he's opened the gap a little wider.

I still believe, that if Richt says the competition is open until after the 2nd scrimmage, then that's what he means.

All we really learned today is that Rosier may have opened up a little bit of a lead. Let's see if getting out worked by a guy who many think isn't even D1 QB material can light a fire under one of these guys.

Advertisement
Back