Richt on transfers

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
Just now he said "We're not going to beg anybody to stay at The U. It's too great of a place."

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports 7m7 minutes ago

Mark Richt, who spoke to us just now, said Gus Edwards and Courtel Jenkins haven't come to him to discuss transfers.

Exactly Coach!

I appreciate everything these kids did for this team during their time here...

But, if they wanna go, by all means do what you gotta do...

Not gonna beg cats that never started to stay & be apart of this U... Good luck at Rutgers fellas

Advertisement
It's funny coach said that because I was telling myself the same thing the other day, we shouldn't beg guys like Edwards and Henderson to come to Miami if they don't bleed orange and green then F them and that goes for juedy to.

Advertisement
What if Richards, Shaq, etc said they were looking to transfer? I bet he would have a different stance when it's someone that matters and has multiple years of eligibility left.

I don't mind players leaving for the NFL before their eligibility is up, but transferring just screams "traitor" to me.

Advertisement
It's funny coach said that because I was telling myself the same thing the other day, we shouldn't beg guys like Edwards and Henderson to come to Miami if they don't bleed orange and green then F them and that goes for juedy to.

The bleed orange and green is a fallacy! Do you think all this Bama recruits bleed red and white? It's a business decision good or bad is a business decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Cronkite will probably transfer to us. He is talking to coaches

Unfortunately for him Miami won't have the room at RB to take a player an have him sit for a year, then only have 2 years of eligibility.

2018 is loaded and Miami will sign Mcfarland as the other 2017 RB an he will most likely redshirt (to insure he has fully recovered from his injuries) for the 2017 season.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Very pretty sounding words from Richt. And it makes me refer back to a quote that was popular this week, "We are at the table" with JJ. However, what we should learn from this experience is this; Just because you are at the table with others that are dinning, it doesn't make you a diner. You are not a diner until they let you eat. So to change this situation, we will have to start with the play on the field. And that begins with depth and the coaches ability to manage playing time so that those players have value. Remember, everyone of these athletes have aspirations to play on the next level. And our goal is to win NC. The two go hand in hand, so when you don't want to beg; sometimes you have to in order to get what you want.

Last edited:
Well I appreciate Richt's sentiment but we are not at a point in this program to do that.

You should always try to keep a quality DL like Cortell.

Advertisement
Back