Richt need to let these guys coach the bowl game and kick Diaz on down the road!

They could always let Banda/Patke or whoever run the show on the sideline with Diaz acting as a sort of consult.
But people will not give them credit if successful. It will be Diaz was around. Richt need to throw them in the fire. Diaz is of no use to the team at this point. He’s basically the enemy imo!

Advertisement
But people will not give them credit if successful. It will be Diaz was around. Richt need to throw them in the fire. Diaz is of no use to the team at this point. He’s basically the enemy imo!

Who cares what credit they get if the defense looks good?

Completely disagree with this.

Diaz has earned the right to finish what he started.

Earned the right? He's gone.

The timing of it SUCKS for us as far as recruiting and getting a new DC

Listen, I don't blame him at all for leaving and doing what was in HIS best interest. But that' wasn't in OUR best interest.

The only person who gains anything from him hanging around is Manny. Now he gets to pull on our players heartstrings hopeful of being carried off on their shoulders if we win..just for HIM to get one last victory lap? Maybe poach some players? Maybe poach some Assistant. What does Miami get out of this?

That does Miami no good. Yes he did a lot of good here BUT He's made his choice and it wasn't to stay here..as soon as he announced he should have packed and kicked rocks. Let one of his Assistants get the glory.

Manny's history...lets not prolong moving on. Let someone else who still wants to be a Cane coach the Canes...Manny has his own work to do in Philly let him work to get his cheers and ovations there.

I really hope Richt got shakin by the departure of Diaz and do the right thing and get himself a top flight OC! I can't understand why the guy put himself through the torture of doing so much and failing at it! It doesn't make sense! Hire the OC sit back and oversee the entire program and chill! What part of this Richt does not understand?!

The only thing i can think of is pride. He has too much pride to say i dont know what im doing, let me hire an oc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back