Richt: "My goal is to finish my coaching career at The U."

RVACane

Maude•Gone•Rogue
Maude
The great coaches have all used this job as a stepping stone to somewhere else, the NFL & USFL, specifically. That Richt is an alum and said that this is where he intends to coach for the remainder of his career will hopefully show that this is a destination place and jumpstart the process of building real long-term stability.

Advertisement
8-10 year coaching run here at UM before he retires & winning 3 or so National Championships! I'm down with that before he rides off into the sunset!!!!

If he wins 3 ships at the U. Along with his prior track record he will be consider one of the greatest CFB HCs ever.

I highly doubt him leaving for another job will be an issue if you even remotely buy anything you hear about him as a man. Now him retiring much earlier than expected to pursue other interests/priorities could be an issue. Nothing obviously to concern ourselves with now. Hopefully his wife finds something fulfilling here to do with her nursing degree- either within UHealth or the charity world. We've always heard concerns that South Florida might be a turnoff lifestyle-wise for them. Perhaps it was the opposite if they were looking at it through the religious perspective and they viewed it as an opportunity to touch even more people.

Advertisement
The great coaches have all used this job as a stepping stone to somewhere else, the NFL & USFL, specifically. That Richt is an alum and said that this is where he intends to coach for the remainder of his career will hopefully show that this is a destination place and jumpstart the process of building real long-term stability.

This stuck out to me as well... If Richt has the success I hope he does he's going to be here for a long time. Richt is going to be leaving the U on his terms good or bad.. Richt is not getting fired here.

He threw sublimanals at jimbo with that part I think he was alluding to the whole thing that came out of Tallahassee today

I highly doubt him leaving for another job will be an issue if you even remotely buy anything you hear about him as a man. Now him retiring much earlier than expected to pursue other interests/priorities could be an issue. Nothing obviously to concern ourselves with now. Hopefully his wife finds something fulfilling here to do with her nursing degree- either within UHealth or the charity world. We've always heard concerns that South Florida might be a turnoff lifestyle-wise for them. Perhaps it was the opposite if they were looking at it through the religious perspective and they viewed it as an opportunity to touch even more people.

overtown is right next to the med campus. i think she would take the opportunity to do work out there.

Advertisement
We've never come across a situation in the last 30+ years where an established coach of Richt' stature came to coach at Miami. Richt at this stage is likely not looking to go pro. This is uncharted waters for this program.

overtown is right next to the med campus. i think she would take the opportunity to do work out there.

Exactly. I'm as big an apologist for South Florida as you'll find but there are some areas down here that could make them reassess the need to even leave the country to do missionary work.

He said he treated the UGA job the same way. This dude isn't a job hopper or a lout like Butch, who used to regularly hold UM hostage for raises and extensions by having his agent float stories about other programs or the NFL looking to steal him away from UM.

Advertisement
He threw sublimanals at jimbo with that part I think he was alluding to the whole thing that came out of Tallahassee today

What came out of Tally today?

Jimbo was negotiating a deal with LSU and a groundswell support saved Les Miles' job. I'll try to link an article here:

Sources: LSU, Jimbo Fisher entered negotiations, but big-name figures, out-pouring of support saved Les Miles | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, Louisiana

What came out of Tally today?

LSU was apparently in contract negotiations and fully prepared to sign Jimbo if Miles ended up getting the boot. Time to do a little negative recruiting on the Semenholes!

THIS^^^^^
I'm sure that those nice country folk up in Trailerhassee & Gator****sville had no problem negatively recruiting us when we had our NCAA issues. I hope recruits take notice and see where the stable, long-term situation is. Jimbo tried to jump ship and McLswine doesn't have Richt's track record or reputation.

Advertisement
This is the best thing about Richt. He's 55 and this is a 10+ year gig for him.

That's a much better scenario than to have Butch for 3-4 years and some HCIW nonsense or some up and comer using UM as a stepping stone for bigger and better things after 3-4 years.

I just started another thread about Jimbo... IMO, it needs it's own thread.

Advertisement
Back