Richt may be suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickster

Freshman
Richt may have some type of beginning onset of a cognitive impairment. I do work in the senior population for over 35 years and he does not sound coherent at times. He looks dazed, confused, and totally unmotivated. Just a thought but I believe there may be a possibility. If so, I feel terrible for him but a new coach needs to come in for next year. Something seems very wrong with the man.

Advertisement
man stop. nobody with cognitive impairment would perfect the art of the perfect pb and j sammich.

Youre not the first person to mention this. Several people on this site have said this/noticed it.

I don’t have any experience with that so I can’t comment on his neurological state, but he’s a terrible coach; that’s easy to see

Thank You sir. My wife is a pharmacist and she has stated on multiple occasions that he looks like he has early stages of dementia. And this is when we were on a 10-0 stretch last year.

Why are in year 3 and all the player still where their name of the back of the helmet in practice. It’s for him because he can’t remmwber their names. How many pressers has he stumbled through kids names that are juniors and seniors.

Not being a **** but we can probably state him unfit and fire with cause with minimal damage.

I appreciate you trying to add another point of view but short of you spending time with him - in person - and actually treating him; I think it's irresponsible to start these sorts of threads. Let's focus on "the game has passed him by" and not this.

Advertisement
Canespr you obviously HAVE NO CLUE what I’m talking about nor come in contact with people that have this disease everyday multiple times. There is something not right with Coach Richt.

OP is devoutly committed to being wrong. But I’ve been saying that I think Rick is ill for a long time. His memory is horrible. He looks dazed and confused. He’s aged 20 years in the last 4 years. He just doesn’t appear healthy at all.

And I’m not joking when I say that his offense and his play calling is so basic that it leads me to believe he might be having trouble thinking.

Advertisement
Richt may have some type of beginning onset of a cognitive impairment. I do work in the senior population for over 35 years and he does not sound coherent at times. He looks dazed, confused, and totally unmotivated. Just a thought but I believe there may be a possibility. If so, I feel terrible for him but a new coach needs to come in for next year. Something seems very wrong with the man.

Alzheimer early stages!! I post last night about it.

I appreciate you trying to add another point of view but short of you spending time with him - in person - and actually treating him; I think it's irresponsible to start these sorts of threads. Let's focus on "the game has passed him by" and not this.

I disagree with this. When you have people trained to recognize dementia etc, speaking on it in an intelligent way, I think it’s a worthwhile discussion on this forum.

Could be low t, could be depression (seriously), could be burnout, could just be a ****** coach....could be a lot of things.

Advertisement
I think he just looks tired from staying up all night devising all these creative plays we see on Saturdays.

I disagree with this. When you have people trained to recognize dementia etc, speaking on it in an intelligent way, I think it’s a worthwhile discussion on this forum.

You have a point. If it's constructive and a legitimate observer, we can have a discussion. I just can see this line of questioning getting legs and taking a turn for the worse when you mix in emotions and rumors. Mental health isn't a joke and shouldn't be fodder when we have a million other things to gripe about. Maybe he's tired, maybe he's out of touch, maybe he's checked out and cashing checks

OP is devoutly committed to being wrong. But I’ve been saying that I think Rick is ill for a long time. His memory is horrible. He looks dazed and confused. He’s aged 20 years in the last 4 years. He just doesn’t appear healthy at all.

And I’m not joking when I say that his offense and his play calling is so basic that it leads me to believe he might be having trouble thinking.

This age is commonplace for age related depression and early onset Dementia. The spacey, absent of emotion look is one I see often with geriatrics on antidepressant therapy. The lack of motivation or drive is a sign/symptom of age related depression. Depression hits nearly everyone around their 60s. Believe it or not, it's a natural symptom of aging related to hormonal changes, progression through psychosocial stages of aging, and other health related conditions. This would make sense now why Richt would want his son/family close by and why possibly he hired his son on the staff. Again, not saying Richt has depression or dementia, but considering his age and the prevalence of such conditions in this age cohort, I wouldn't be surprised. I do wish him the best and hopefully he makes the right decision by revamping half the coaching staff during the offseason or retiring.

Advertisement

???
I wetn ot shcool wiht the gyu.
Heese oto yuong for taht bullsiht.

Colorado State HC Mike Bob disclosed before the season that he had some numbness in his lower extremities that needed to be addressed. Extensive testing and the diagnoses was neuropathic nerve issues. Catalyst for this has never been disclosed. Undetected diabetes? Degenerative neurological condition? Who knows HIPPA makes sure we never will unless Richt decides to publicly disclose. If he is keeping this to himself then it’s an ego and he may be trying to personally put a grasp on it.
I just recognize that physically, his demeanor and energy levels are in the tank.
All the energy, perhaps driven by anger of being fired, new opportunity, IDPF focus is all gone. Regardless, he has a duty to himself, his family and the program to step down if he is dealing with personal issues that affect his cognitive state to perform his duties at an optimal level.
I think of Pat Summit at Tennessee, who as soon as she could longer perform at the level where she could maintain her program, retired and rode into the sunset. Lou Gehrig. Jimmy Valvano. Everyone knows when they need to hang them up. Not all do. Hopefully March Richt does.
If it’s nothing but complacency on game day then he may just be suffering from eRichtyle Playfunction. Either way, he needs to look at himself long in the mirror to see if maybe he is better suited in some type of ambasssdor role of the program instead of HC of UM.

Perfect, lets get this going viral. Richt is a senile bag of bones. Pass it on. Anything to get him & his son out of there.

I agree with your diagnosis. I acts like someone who stole onto the sidelines and doesn't want to get noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back