Richt Haters?

Funny thing - everyone talking about how good Miami's talent level is were the same people who complained about our D-line the past 5 years and now talk about nothing but the talent on the D-line. Coaching brings out talent and MR got the coaches here that took essentially the same team that got curb stomped last year on the way to losing games by more than 100 total points and gave our team and our fan base the first year ending with a top 25 ranking and the first win versus an end of year ranked team since 2009 (every other ranked team we beat after that was overrated and ended the year outside the top 25...i.e. 2011 Ohio State, 2013 Florida). MR is not an elite level coach but he is one **** of an upgrade over the previous regimes just like he was much better than the previous regimes at Georgia (only NC in school history for past 40 years was with Herschel Walker)

Last edited:
Advertisement
We should have won 10-11 games this season, given our relative talent and weak schedule. I'm not crowning some coach for winning 9 games... Gtfo with that.

I mean yea we should win 12 games with a team with one good corner, needing to play 3 freshmen lbs, and a horrible OL..... Cause you say so

No... I said 10-11 games, not 12. We had more talent than 11 out of the 12 teams we played. The toughest opponent on our schedule finished the season 9-3, think about that. No excuse losing to Notre Dame, they're atrocious. We should have won at least 1 of UNC/VT/FSU. I'm not ****ting on Richt, it's his first year, but the title and substance of the thread is dumb af, just like your reply. No coach should get kudos for an average record, period.

Personally I don't think the whole Rick deal is that complicated an assessment. His first year left us unsatisfied but it also allowed for realistic optimism about the future. While benchmarks like 10 wins and an ACCCG appearance do allow for a binary choice of success or failure we can also be nuanced enough to (and I hate to use the term) factor in where things are "trending" when you determine your current mood about the program and the coaching.

Will you folks man up and admit you were wrong about the man? MAN UP and admit your weakness...

You can thank Diaz and the defense again for bailing out richt for the first quarter and a half. He's lucky they were even in the game at that point....so what exactly are we admitting to?

Bailing out Richt? Jesus, did you watch the game? Kaaya was all over the place and the run game couldn't get moving. He literally had no options but to start throwing short passes to get Kaaya in a rhythm. And that's what he did and we blew the doors off the #14 team in the country. Because that's what a successful coach does. And then little es come on here and whine about how they were all in their feelings for the first quarter.

3rd in the Coastal, behind a rebuilding year UNC and a VT team that was less talented and had fallen behind Al Golden's program.

4 sickening losses, just sickening, capped off by an embarrassment at ND, that was 100% on CMR's playcalling.

So, verdict is still out. If he is Jimbo, Fedora and Fuente's byatch again next year, the verdict will be in...

Advertisement
3rd in the Coastal, behind a rebuilding year UNC and a VT team that was less talented and had fallen behind Al Golden's program.

4 sickening losses, just sickening, capped off by an embarrassment at ND, that was 100% on CMR's playcalling.

So, verdict is still out. If he is Jimbo, Fedora and Fuente's byatch again next year, the verdict will be in...

How the **** was Unc in a rebuilding year? You trolls just make stuff up

Advertisement
Will you folks man up and admit you were wrong about the man? MAN UP and admit your weakness...

No their still ****ed off because we won.

This should apply to all those who posted on the first 32 pages of the game day thread. In fact they should be given a month off from the board and learn about football and then have to take a test to get back on.

Every coach in America gets a first year mulligan.

But that's it.

In this day and age, you don't need 5 years to turn a program around. You can turn a 6-8 win team into conference champions, BCS bowl participants, or playoff contenders in TWO YEARS, three at most.

ACC Champs, at large BCS bowl berth, 11 wins, or playoff contention. Richt needs to hit on ONE of these goals at least.

Advertisement
It was year one. He was hired to not go 9-4 every year. If he goes 9-4 every year, fire his ***. Jesus ****ing Christ people. Slightly above average coaches don't do what he did st UGA. Shannon was 5-7 in year one. Golden was 6-6 in year one. Richt matched both of their best years (and won a bowl) in his first year.

the guy was a few plays away from being 12-1. only VT beat us handily. he started 6 true fresh including 5 on defense. he had AQM and Grace get booked. Kids get injured. a horrible OL and two experienced safeties that arent that good.

Still holding out judgment, I liked the hire but 4 straight losses opened my eyes and 5 straight wins plus a win vs a top 20 team eases the worries a little.
Great win, let's see what happens next year!!

I don't hate him. I just want him to hire a real OC. Otherwise I have no problem with Richt as HC.

Yep.

He's not the Offensive Coordinator he was at FSU - and needs to just man up and hire a great OC.

As a Head Coach - he's pretty good. But can't call plays for squat - very talented players pull his bacon out of the fire.

Official Slurpers and Mopes-we back!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back