Richt era Begins!

No elite coach has ever needed "at least three years" to turn around a sleeping Giant program.

Not at Michigan, OSU, Bama, UF, USC, OU........Mark Richt wasn't brought in to wallow in mediocrity for 3 seasons.

Put negative replies all you want on my OP. I, objectively and soberingly, believe the program is AT LEAST 3 years from being mid-tier competitive, let alone upper tier.

The ENTIRE OL needs to be re-recruited and revamped, the DL isn't too many steps ahead.

We just have to be realistic as a fan base. I do hope I'm wrong and someone on here re-posts my OP during next year's ACCCG...but I suspect, sadly and tragically, that I'm right.

I really wish it were different.

Let's look at this, what OL or DL starter is a starter on another elite DI program? Not a single one at this level of play, and I'm not convinced coaching is going to fix that.

Now, with a quality coaching staff and new recruits, the program has a chance at turning around. But it isn't going to happen with this core squad--no matter how good Kaaya is.

Although laudable, his talent has been wasted to date, and the situation isn't likely to improve next season...although I would hope to see the team more "competitive" until the last minute of all the games that will still be lost.

I'm booking it now....if they are lucky...7-6 next season...BUT trending upward in every meaningful measurement...'17 campaign might produce 8-9 wins...then the '18 tilt is where we could (should, would) hope for a run at the CD...and nothing more by that point....nothing more...

Before any of you go pollo loco, I bleed orange and green, grad in '93, and have been to every NC win and loss.

We can have our own opinions, but we just can't have our own facts.

Advertisement
With a competent coaching staff, Like coach Richt will build, THIS team would only have 2 losses maybe 3.. But we are on the right track with Coach Richt!

No elite coach has ever needed "at least three years" to turn around a sleeping Giant program.

Not at Michigan, OSU, Bama, UF, USC, OU........Mark Richt wasn't brought in to wallow in mediocrity for 3 seasons.

Put negative replies all you want on my OP. I, objectively and soberingly, believe the program is AT LEAST 3 years from being mid-tier competitive, let alone upper tier.

The ENTIRE OL needs to be re-recruited and revamped, the DL isn't too many steps ahead.

We just have to be realistic as a fan base. I do hope I'm wrong and someone on here re-posts my OP during next year's ACCCG...but I suspect, sadly and tragically, that I'm right.

Let's look at this, what OL or DL starter is a starter on another elite DI program? Not a single one at this level of play, and I'm not convinced coaching is going to fix that.

Now, with a quality coaching staff and new recruits, the program has a chance at turning around. But it isn't going to happen with this core squad--no matter how good Kaaya is.

Although laudable, his talent has been wasted to date, and the situation isn't likely to improve next season...although I would hope to see the team more "competitive" until the last minute of all the games that will still be lost.

I'm booking it now....if they are lucky...7-6 next season...BUT trending upward in every meaningful measurement...'17 campaign might produce 8-9 wins...then the '18 tilt is where we could (should, would) hope for a run at the CD...and nothing more by that point....nothing more...

Before any of you go pollo loco, I bleed orange and green, grad in '93, and have been to every NC win and loss.

Nobody cares about your fan credentials, and there certainly is not a three year leash.

If Richt cant get it turned around with these players and new coaches then he wasnt the right guy to hire. We won eight games and have had an average of a top 15 class over the last five years.

Stop making excuses. If he wins the coastal and/or the ACC next year will you be on here saying, "It was a fluke, he needs two more years."?

Again, this team is in no worse shape than what Michigan was for Harbaugh, OSU was for Urban, FSU was for Jimbo Bama was for Saban, UF was for Urban, USC was for Carroll, OU was for Stoops.....

There is no excuse for this program with a "top coach" to not play for the ACC title by the second season.

lmao so we’re going to be worse under richt?

Advertisement
And friend, no one cares you seem to lack a basic grasp of what I'm offering.

What are you, 3 yrs old?

I hope, I hope, I hope for this on e might program they go on a 14-0 run all the way to a 100-0 victory in the CFPCG. I'll be the first to shout from the highest mountain that I was wrong.

I'm merely suggesting we need to take a healthy look at each position group. Besides Kaaya, I'm just not convinced coaching turns it all around for the remaining athletes next season...and the new recruits, no matter how amazing, just physically won't be on par with more developed 20-21 yr olds.

You do realize we are fans of the same team and want them to win right?

Long term, I think the program is absolutely in better shape than it is right now. HOWEVER, thse aren't his athletes. It will take time and patience from our fan base to give him the maneuver space to get the program in his direction.

Honestly, look at this way. Besides Kaaya, is there a single player who is a lock to start on any elite team right now? Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, etc.?

Thats my point...do you think magically Richt will reach the remaining athletes and all of sudden they stop committing mental errors that have often been the margin between a W or L?

I'm 100% on board the Richt train, let's just see how quickly it leaves the station.

And friend, no one cares you seem to lack a basic grasp of what I'm offering.

What are you, 3 yrs old?

I hope, I hope, I hope for this on e might program they go on a 14-0 run all the way to a 100-0 victory in the CFPCG. I'll be the first to shout from the highest mountain that I was wrong.

I'm merely suggesting we need to take a healthy look at each position group. Besides Kaaya, I'm just not convinced coaching turns it all around for the remaining athletes next season...and the new recruits, no matter how amazing, just physically won't be on par with more developed 20-21 yr olds.

You do realize we are fans of the same team and want them to win right?

I dont think we are.

Im a fan of the Hurricanes, not the Universities administration.

Nobody cares about your fan credentials, and there certainly is not a three year leash.

If Richt cant get it turned around with these players and new coaches then he wasnt the right guy to hire. We won eight games and have had an average of a top 15 class over the last five years.

Stop making excuses. If he wins the coastal and/or the ACC next year will you be on here saying, "It was a fluke, he needs two more years."?

See my reply below...fat fingered

Advertisement
It's gonna take time to get better. Our OL is horrible beyond comprehension. Most Sun Belt teams have better OL!!

Richt needs to win 10 and make an ACCCG appearance in year 1

No other way to slice it unless you are missing brain cells. Can't believe some people are already making excuses (actually I can)

No other way to slice it unless you are missing brain cells. Can't believe some people are already making excuses (actually I can)

How do you propose he does that with the remaining atheletes (not going to get better...but coached better for sure) and the still developing new recruits come NSD?

Am I missing something objectively?

Advertisement

That's a very real possibility, lets see who is hired and what the offense is going to look like ( after transfers/recruits)

I'm ok if they keep Scott as the only one. He did a great job under the circumstances

No, no and no. Sure, he rallied the troops but there was a serious lack of discipline over the past 6 games. Although a few of the calls (including today) were absolutely horrific, there's no excuse for the number of penalties called especially when they killed multiple drives.

Time to drop everyone and start fresh.

I'm ok if they keep Scott as the only one. He did a great job under the circumstances

No, no and no. Sure, he rallied the troops but there was a serious lack of discipline over the past 6 games. Although a few of the calls (including today) were absolutely horrific, there's no excuse for the number of penalties called especially when they killed multiple drives.

Time to drop everyone and start fresh.

Lack of discipline got worse after we sent Al down the road, they knew that there would be no long term consequences, Richt won't play that game

Advertisement

How do you propose he does that with the remaining atheletes (not going to get better...but coached better for sure) and the still developing new recruits come NSD?

Am I missing something objectively?

No you’re not missing anything. It doesn’t make sense

we can beat fsu next year, but maybe a loss...vt under fuente/foster, close but a possible loss...unc with a 1 year turnaround on defense with the same players under chizik, a close possible loss...otherwise, coaching motherf÷×!#ng matters.
Our DL can be turned around in 1 season. our lbs and dbs are poised to be good.
Our OL is the big question.
All other positions and players are more than serviceable with a good staff.
We should be 9-3 or 10-2, WORST CASE SCENARIO in year 1.

we can beat fsu next year, but maybe a loss...vt under fuente/foster, close but a possible loss...unc with a 1 year turnaround on defense with the same players under chizik, a close possible loss...otherwise, coaching motherf÷×!#ng matters.

They will be lucky to take 7-6 or 8-5 with very close, or improving as the season wears on, losses to the higher quality teams.

They will be lucky to take 7-6 or 8-5 with very close, or improving as the season wears on, losses to the higher quality teams.
golden, coley and dorito are gone, bro.
I agree we may not be playing in the final4, but it's not going to be worse than 14 and 15.

buck up.

Advertisement
Back