Richt during halftime ACCN

LOL seriously, The simple question was if anyone had watched it but you can't read apparently but thanks and no, i won't STFU. I like Richt, thats why I am asking so maybe you should move on.

Yeah that's what you did, just ask a simple question about who watched.

Lmao.

Clown.

Advertisement
I hate ESPN about as much as I can hate anything so at half I turned on the ACCN. Richt was hammered and basically incoherent, just babbling like an imbecile. No other explanation. Room full of us just laughing our asses off at him. Anyone else catch this? Am I wrong?
He was not drunk, he was cheese balled out......the Man ate almost a bottle of cheeseballs, and could not sit in his seat....Popping up and down......hilarious and very entertaining.
Beason was awesome, really explained plays and how they developed. Pack was sitting and reclined just goading all of them to put it out there...thoughts that is, and believe me..... Beason did many times.

This is from the sbnation email today:

More importantly, I’m told by Steven Godfrey that noted Miami alum Mark Richt approximated these statements during the ACC Network’s simulcast:
  • “You gonna shoot that [fake punt] bullet right now? I’m gonna eat these Cheetos.”
  • “We have a picture in our house of a cow. My wife loves it. I tell ya, I wish the spaceship would take that.”
  • “How about Gilbert [Frierson, a defender recruited to Miami by Richt]? I’m shouting out to his mom right now, and I don’t remember her name. [...] I really wish I could remember his mom’s name. She still texts us, tells us she’s praying for us and all that. She’s an awesome lady.”
  • “Do you think we should close the lid on these cheese balls every so often?”
  • “I can hear Herbstreit sayin’ RUN PASS OPTION. Easy. Take it easy. That’s just a play from the ‘80s.”
  • This seems to be a name for a spin move: “Give ‘em the doodad!”
  • “I don’t know how old you are, but when you’re this old, you have to go [pee].”
  • “ESPN needs to do a special on my wife. We need to take her up to Bristol to do a special on her career as a water girl. She has techniques. She puts hot chocolate in the water thing. ... I don’t remember your question.”
  • “Touchdown ring, touchdown ring. We need to write a rap song right now about the touchdown ring. We need to be the first ones to do it.
    • “Who’s that baseball guy who takes that male stuff? [Frank Thomas?] Yeah. Michael Irvin is taking that stuff I bet.”
    • “I’m gonna bust a sweat about these turnovers.”
  • Richt also wandered around, shared cookies, and offered occasional football insights that were actually helpful to the viewer at home. And most importantly:
    • “You always, always immediately go to the kid [who just made a mistake on the field] and say, ‘I love you. We love you. You didn’t mean to do that. Now go do everything you can to help us win.’”

I taped it and watched their broadcast last night. It was called a "watch party". Very casual- Pizza, chips, etc. Just 4 guys sitting around talking football and watching the game.

I was actually impressed with Beason. I haven't seen him speak in public much. He presented as smart and informed. Had his own version of the "turnover chain" - scaled down necklace version of the Ibis chain.

Richt was the "sidekick" guy. Very different persona than we used to see. He talked about a number of the kids as they made plays. To be honest, I think some of what he said may not be quite accurate - his memory is probably a little foggy on some of their recruitments at this point. I kept waiting for him to talk about Jarren but he said very little. Just made the observation that they saw his accuracy and ball skills when they recruited him. Pointed out he needed to mature when he came in before taking on the position of QB1. He and Beason were quite obviously Miami homers.

It wasn't real serious football analysis. In fact, you could hardly see the game most of the broadcast. It was more of a background shot to the 4 of them in the studio.

I wasn't a fan of the format If they do it again on the ACC network I hope they tweak it a little.

Advertisement
No, 10 times worse believe it or not. everyone on the set was giggling, rambling the 1 guy didn't even have shoes on. Beason was hardly better but he appeared to have a sweet buzz working not hammered like Richt
Pack had shoes on and was relaxed, and really enjoying the game......you should have moved on, but state the fact not fiction....or lies about the participants.
Your disgust is showing.
Beason was awesome, but you may need to curb your disgust in order to understand the Miami plays that he explained in detail.....it's on you , not Beason.

Don’t know what he was on but he was lit up on something prescribed or otherwise.I watched him for a while.He was hilarious.

Advertisement
He was not drunk, he was cheese balled out......the Man ate almost a bottle of cheeseballs, and could not sit in his seat....Popping up and down......hilarious and very entertaining.
Beason was awesome, really explained plays and how they developed. Pack was sitting and reclined just goading all of them to put it out there...thoughts that is, and believe me..... Beason did many times.
Nice, I didn't even realize they were on the whole game, thought it was just a half time deal.

More importantly, I’m told by Steven Godfrey that noted Miami alum Mark Richt approximated these statements during the ACC Network’s simulcast:
  • “You gonna shoot that [fake punt] bullet right now? I’m gonna eat these Cheetos.”
  • “We have a picture in our house of a cow. My wife loves it. I tell ya, I wish the spaceship would take that.”
  • “How about Gilbert [Frierson, a defender recruited to Miami by Richt]? I’m shouting out to his mom right now, and I don’t remember her name. [...] I really wish I could remember his mom’s name. She still texts us, tells us she’s praying for us and all that. She’s an awesome lady.”
  • “I can hear Herbstreit sayin’ RUN PASS OPTION. Easy. Take it easy. That’s just a play from the ‘80s.”
  • “I don’t know how old you are, but when you’re this old, you have to go [pee].”
  • “ESPN needs to do a special on my wife. We need to take her up to Bristol to do a special on her career as a water girl. She has techniques. She puts hot chocolate in the water thing. ... I don’t remember your question.”
  • “Touchdown ring, touchdown ring. We need to write a rap song right now about the touchdown ring. We need to be the first ones to do it.
    • “Who’s that baseball guy who takes that male stuff? [Frank Thomas?] Yeah. Michael Irvin is taking that stuff I bet.”
  • Richt also wandered around, shared cookies, and offered occasional football insights that were actually helpful to the viewer at home. And most importantly:
    • “You always, always immediately go to the kid [who just made a mistake on the field] and say, ‘I love you. We love you. You didn’t mean to do that. Now go do everything you can to help us win.’”
It's an entertainment show, so What if he said all of the above?.......if you did not like it listen to Herbie........funny as ****, and enjoyable...free country switch the channel. I loved all the old Cane **** that they were dishing.
Get over all the Richt hang ups, move on like he has.
All this Richt paranoia is B/S.
.....if not, curb your enthusiasm.

Advertisement
It's an entertainment show, so What if he said all of the above?.......if you did not like it listen to Herbie........funny as ****, and enjoyable...free country switch the channel. I loved all the old Cane **** that they were dishing.
Get over all the Richt hang ups, move on like he has.
All this Richt paranoia is B/S.
.....if not, curb your enthusiasm.
Zero Richt hangups. Like I said, I think he's a great guy. And I did switch the channel because I was embarrassed to watch him. If it was meant to be a comedy it was poorly executed, in my opinion. He was lost.

Looks like pretty entertaining stuff to me.

Haters gonna hate.

Hoya:
I loved it....reminded me of a bunch of guys sitting around watching a game, and getting revved up with each major play. Fistbumping, dancing, and shouting over each other....
I laughed my *** off on watching Richt try to dance to the Turnover chain song, and Beason pushed at him the whole time, to make it funny as ****.
Loved it.

Advertisement
Zero Richt hangups. Like I said, I think he's a great guy. And I did switch the channel because I was embarrassed to watch him. If it was meant to be a comedy it was poorly executed, in my opinion. He was lost.
I differ, and disagree.
I learned more from Beason than 15 shows of Herbie's and Fowler's bulls***..
He gave the flavor of What the Canes did, and WHY?...
Awesome...

Advertisement
Back