Richt Doesn't settle.

Canesfan89

Recruit
Listen I like most of you have been watching the recruiting closely over the past few years. I have been sitting back watching the old staff and new staff looking for trends and tendencies. While Richt has only been around for one full season there is one huge trend I'm seeing and it's HUGE! Al Golden RIP and company struggled with getting their #1 guy, #2 , #3 ect... with that he would panic come nsd and sign guys who were not Miami caliber. I won't name them but as you all have already seen this year Richt is helping them move on. Richt has been recruiting since the day he became head coach. We are seeing a lot of that hard work paying off. I fully expect when nsd comes that he will have already sighed 1/2 of his #1 targets for example Both DJ's big vaughn.... is he hitting on all of them? Simple answer... say it with me NO! I get it we are all worried about Wr CB but the thing is Richt unlike golden isn't scrambling around throwing scholarships and prospects that aren't Miami caliber just to fill a class. Richt has set a standard for what he wants. That standard is what gets to 10 plus win seasons something we all want to get back to. Richt is betting on himself by doing so. My hunch, he knows he will restock in 2018 with all the talent that is in sf next class how could you not? I say he is betting on himself because while he may be confident in getting all those 2018 guys (something I don't think Golden could ever have said) he could miss on the #1 guys. One thing I know for sure is we won't have former walk ons playing in starting roles and we won't have guys signed just to fill a class. This is a "process" I and you can get behind. I believe this standard will get us back to winning and we all know once that starts the recruits tend to follow.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Listen I like most of you have been watching the recruiting closely over the past few years. I have been sitting back watching the old staff and new staff looking for trends and tendencies. While Richt has only been around for one full season there is one huge trend I'm seeing and it's HUGE! Al Golden RIP and company struggled with getting their #1 guy, #2 , #3 ect... with that he would panic come nsd and sign guys who were not Miami caliber. I won't name them but as you all have already seen this year Richt is helping them move on. Richt has been recruiting since the day he became head coach. We are seeing a lot of that hard work paying off. I fully expect when nsd comes that he will have already sighed 1/2 of his #1 targets for example Both DJ's big vaughn.... is he hitting on all of them? Simple answer... say it with me NO! I get it we are all worried about Wr CB but the thing is Richt unlike golden isn't scrambling around throwing scholarships and prospects that aren't Miami caliber just to fill a class. Richt has set a standard for what he wants. That standard is what gets to 10 plus win seasons something we all want to get back to. Richt is betting on himself by doing so. My hunch, he knows he will restock in 2018 with all the talent that is in sf next class how could you not? I say he is betting on himself because while he may be confident in getting all those 2018 guys (something I don't think Golden could ever have said) he could miss on the #1 guys. One thing I know for sure is we won't have former walk ons playing in starting roles and we won't have guys signed just to fill a class. This is a "process" I and you can get behind. I believe this standard will get us back to winning and we all know once that starts the recruits tend to follow.

Agree.

We're never going to get EVERY prospect we want, but there is obvious progress & it's exciting.

long time lurker who doesn't post but has inside information/perspective that you felt compelled to share?

Advertisement

long time lurker who doesn't post but has inside information/perspective that you felt compelled to share?

He's been lurking since yesterday. Follows recruiting very closely.

Listen, I, like most of you, have been watching the recruiting closely over the past few years. I have been sitting back watching the old staff and new staff looking for trends and tendencies. While Richt has only been around for one full season there is one huge trend I'm seeing and it's HUGE! Al Golden (RIP) and company struggled with getting their #1 guy, #2 , #3 ect... With that, he would panic come nsd and sign guys who were not Miami caliber. I won't name them but as you all have already seen this year Richt is helping them move on.

Richt has been recruiting since the day he became head coach. We are seeing a lot of that hard work paying off. I fully expect when nsd comes that he will have already sighed 1/2 of his #1 targets. For example: Both DJ's, big vaughn.... is he hitting on all of them? Simple answer... say it with me NO!

I get it, we are all worried about Wr, CB, but the thing is Richt, unlike golden, isn't scrambling around throwing scholarships and prospects that aren't Miami caliber just to fill a class. Richt has set a standard for what he wants. That standard is what gets to 10 plus win seasons something we all want to get back to. Richt is betting on himself by doing so.

My hunch, he knows he will restock in 2018 with all the talent that is in SFLA next class. How could you not? I say he is betting on himself because while he may be confident in getting all those 2018 guys (something I don't think Golden could ever have said) he could miss on the #1 guys.

One thing I know for sure is we won't have former walk ons playing in starting roles, and we won't have guys signed just to fill a class. This is a "process" I and you can get behind. I believe this standard will get us back to winning and we all know once that starts the recruits tend to follow.

FIFY

Right now at WR, TE we are settling or basically throwing the towel and hoping for the best at TE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Say no to adderall

Advertisement

JEEBUS, try some paragraphs!

Say no to adderall

Lol I thought this as reading it as well

Advertisement
i can't stand Golden but it was him who after NSD picked up our best CB from Tennessee. Another year or so didnt he get Derrick Griffin (although that didnt work out still a great try)...I feel I'm missing one or two more examples.

I believe in Richt because of his track record at UGA, staff hires and his mid-season adjustments but this obsession with him needs to calm down a lil...we had this with Golden at one point as well.

Advertisement
Back