Richt, Brown stop by 2018 5-star Lingard's school

View as article
Advertisement
Bama is greedy as ****. Smh

They are the best in the business in keeping talent out of everyone else hands to use against them.

Just like Bear in the old days.

Different. I don't think Bear swiped so much elite talent from other teams' home turfs the way Saban does now. I think he built his team a different way. I don't think teams back in the early to mid '80s had uniform scholarship limits, so big state supported programs could put many more players on scholarship than we could, as a private school with limited resources. I think that had some kind of an impact, but perhaps not the whole story. I think HS football in those states, like Alabama, was probably far superior to what was being played in Florida back then.

Advertisement
Miami won't match bags with other boosters for this kid, but bags will have to be dropped to stay in it

This excuse is getting so old.

Bagman is overexagerated.

It's really really not. The game is encrusted in recruiting. ESPECIALLY in the south. Nothing is done fair anymore. That's the world we live in.

I fear that you're right. I've never wanted to believe it, but I've seen and heard a few things that suggest it IS an issue. Remember Nevin Shapiro saying he could not compete money-wise with the big schools. Then he gets caught anyway, and the big schools never get caught.

To quote the great Ponzi Schemer of our time, "Even I couldn't outbid SEC bagmen."

It's been well documented just how deep this bag game goes in the southeast.

Winning is the equalizer to dufflebags.

Yep. That sounds like something I remember Nevin Shapiro reportedly saying.

Advertisement
Back