Richt and Jarren Williams

The best qb is always the backup...until he gets his chance and then shows why he is a backup. Either Richt had this great talent and for some reason didn’t want to win games, or he saw him play everyday in practice, saw him in meetings and watching film and realized that he wasn’t ready.

Advertisement
Richt was saving up retirement money thats all
I don't get the vitriol towards the man from some of our fan base.

Look we were all upset and unhappy with his direction. We all wanted changes but let's not forget what he did accomplish for us. He upgraded our facilities in a big way. We would still have ZERO IPF if not for CMR. Coaching salaries finally got in par due to his insistence on it. Weight room and other athletic centers upgraded.

Lastly and most important he could have been a total scumbag and milked us for another 20MM winning 7 to 8 games a season for the next 4 years. He walked and didn't ask for a penny! How many people in this day in age of fvck you pay me does that ever happen???

I know you were likely just joking and being a smart *** but I think we should all give the man a little bit of a break. He did a lot for us.

Advertisement
Back