Richt and Jarren Williams

oracleturts

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
Was Richt saving him? Is that something Richt would do?

He has started Freshman before. It just makes no sense that he was 4th on a depth chart if he is any good.

It does appear that while at Miami there was a trend on offense to start upperclassmen over younger more talented players.

Is It merely wishful thinking that he was the best of the bunch yet paid the penance of youth ?

Advertisement
I sure hope the real story comes out.

My gut tells me this has Baby Richt written all over it. Perry was his first and he did not want to look bad.

Hopefully someone in the know will shed some light on the situation.

There doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory... it is quite possible (I'd argue quite likely) that as a true freshman Jarren was simply not fully ready to manage all of the other aspects of being a QB at the D1 level that doesn't involve throwing the football. Nothing wrong with that; in fact, it's to be expected with most 18 year old kids. Hopefully he is ready now. Especially if Tate can't play til 2020.

There doesn't have to be a conspiracy theory... it is quite possible (I'd argue quite likely) that as a true freshman Jarren was simply not fully ready to manage all of the other aspects of being a QB at the D1 level that doesn't involve throwing the football. Nothing wrong with that; in fact, it's to be expected with most 18 year old kids. Hopefully he is ready now. Especially if Tate can't play til 2020.
I’d argue that Jarren wasn’t ready to play because his coaching wasn’t capable of getting him ready to play.

I think we’re gonna find out that our qb situation isn’t as bad as we thought. But the coaching situation was worse.

Advertisement
Thank you!!!!! Finally a comment on CIS that makes sense and is realistic. We have talented QBs. Jarren needs time to develop as 99.9% of all freshman QBs do. Most QBs don't hit their stride until their junior year. I haven't given up on N'kosi either. He's young. He has talent. Obviously we know about the off the field issues and his maturity. But, if he matures, works hard, he could be special. They both could.

WOW someone gets it !. You do not want to play a true freshman most of the time. There are exceptions sure but for the most part you want your good freshman to redshirt.

I’d argue that Jarren wasn’t ready to play because his coaching wasn’t capable of getting him ready to play.

I think we’re gonna find out that our qb situation isn’t as bad as we thought. But the coaching situation was worse.
I think we have some really good QBs. Staff wants to add more competition and I'm fine with that. It will force they young guys to grow up or move on.

Advertisement
I think we have some really good QBs. Staff wants to add more competition and I'm fine with that. It will force they young guys to grow up or move on.
Completely agree. I also think the staff isn’t sure what they have yet.. so there is reason for some urgency on a transfer.

Advertisement
That's reflective of our qb coaching, or lack there of. Lil Richt wasnt getting these guys prepared. Dont you think its strange that the qb Richt felt most comfortable with was the only one who had a qb coach other than Lil Richt. Maybe with Enos we see all out QBs take the next step

Completely agree. I also think the staff isn’t sure what they have yet.. so there is reason for some urgency on a transfer.
I'm ok with that. I just don't have the same reaction as most of the posters thinking Martell is the savior of the program. We'll see whose the best if he transfers to Miami.

Advertisement
So hard for me to believe Jarren's the goods if he couldn't get on the field and save these dudes jobs, freshman or now. Def possible the kids full of raw talent that the Richt's couldn't develop, but i'm definitely going to have to see it to believe it.

I'm ok with that. I just don't have the same reaction as most of the posters thinking Martell is the savior of the program. We'll see whose the best if he transfers to Miami.
I’m thinking that our QB situation will depend on how good Enos is at developing them... if he is as good as advertised, we’ll be fine regardless of whether the starter is Jarren, Martell or even perry.

He was 'saving' him as a Freshman QB..................meanwhile Clemson was winning a natty with theirs.

So hard for me to believe Jarren's the goods if he couldn't get on the field and save these dudes jobs, freshman or now. Def possible the kids full of raw talent that the Richt's couldn't develop, but i'm definitely going to have to see it to believe it.
Kid hasn’t had any coaching since high school. Neither has N’Kosi. You can’t expect a young QB to develop with no coaching.

Advertisement
Back