Richt’s Comment On Transfers

monopolyxmoney

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
If this has been mentioned already ignore it but I found it interesting. This is from A Ivins’ Twitter account. The timing of the comment is obvious. I wonder if any players have reached out about UM? Also I wonder if he’d turn a stud away. I’d like to believe the door is open to anyone that can be an asset.

43E1F291-B842-4F66-8A49-A071B14752CB.jpg

Advertisement
Lol. Pretty sure I saw Cyrus ***an and Tre McKitty go up to him at the FSU game...

Good. We only ask once. You pass we pass. Fug off and live with your decision

Advertisement
Yea McKitty is borderline retarded for not seeing the opportunity here with us being Tight End U.

Oh well. You can't fix stupid

I'm sure McKitty was kicking himself after watching Herndon this year and then seeing the lack of depth when he got hurt. But he made his choice and now we made ours in Mallory and Jordan.

From Day 1, Richt wanted a UM offer to mean something again. If you pass on it, it will not be easy to get it back.

Richt is no dummy though - if there is a kid available and we have an immediate or future need, he will consider it. Just last year he was putting the bat signal out looking for a grad transfer RB. We took a grad transfer CB. We are possibly taking a JUCO DT this year. There's just no reason to take a transfer who will sit out a year unless he is elite, especially with the class we have coming in (and their ability to help immediately) and the talent available next year (which helps with roster management across classes).

Advertisement
Outside of FSU and those players mentioned, I couldn't think of another team that we played this year where there was a player on the other team we had recruited.

I'm sure McKitty was kicking himself after watching Herndon this year and then seeing the lack of depth when he got hurt. But he made his choice and now we made ours in Mallory and Jordan.

From Day 1, Richt wanted a UM offer to mean something again. If you pass on it, it will not be easy to get it back.

Richt is no dummy though - if there is a kid available and we have an immediate or future need, he will consider it. Just last year he was putting the bat signal out looking for a grad transfer RB. We took a grad transfer CB. We are possibly taking a JUCO DT this year. There's just no reason to take a transfer who will sit out a year unless he is elite, especially with the class we have coming in (and their ability to help immediately) and the talent available next year (which helps with roster management across classes).

I think based on Richt improving UM on the field /the class he recruits kid's with/tthe impression he makes on families/his extensive network due to his longevity...Are gonna make UM benefit as much as more than anyone other team out there with the new lenient grad transfer rules...I.e. he impresses kids that don't end up picking his school and they remember that AND, for another year or two at least, alot of these kids probably liked Miami but didn't like the perennial battle for 8-9 wins.

The timing is clutch, too. Four-dimensional, multi-platform chess, not Candyland.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Would FSU have even allowed those transfers if those kids requested it? I heard the interview as well and while he metioned teams that they played but I wonder didn't Miami recruit Trevon Grimes? There was that rumor about him being homesick maybe I'm wrong but maybe Richt told him no too.

Advertisement
Outside of FSU and those players mentioned, I couldn't think of another team that we played this year where there was a player on the other team we had recruited.

LB Tevon Coney (ND 2015 class) and DB Carlos Becker (FSU last year) are 2 more off the top of my head.

Advertisement
Back