Richmond Virginia

Advertisement
Any canes fans here? Im here for work for a few weeks. Looking for a bar to watch the game this weekend.

Grew up in Richmond. The Canes bar is Carolina Ale house which isn't bad. Home team grill will have the games on too

I moved to Maryland but DC3 hit 2. Home Team Grill in the Fan on Main Street gets a younger crowd. I'm sure Gus' will have it too.

Please do yourself a favor if you have a chance and eat Italian at Mamma Zu's and get the BBQ ribs at Buz & Neds. I'm already jealous.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I moved to Maryland but DC3 hit 2. Home Team Grill in the Fan on Main strerts hets a younger crowd. I'm sure Gus' will have it too.

Please do yourself a favor if you have a chance and eat Italian at Mamma Zu's and get thr BBQ ribs at Buz & Neds. I'm already jealous.

I want some soul food or carribean food im tired of bbq being in south texas for the last 4 years lol but ill try it once just for you & the gator tears thread RVA lol

What do you suggest at mamma zu's?

I'm from Richmond and still live there. I'm away at college right now. Most of the bars downtown aren't the best places to watch the game. Home Team Grill, Glory Days, Bar Louie, or Rock Bottom Brewery.

I want some soul food or carribean food im tired of bbq being in south texas for the last 4 years lol but ill try it once just for you & the gator tears thread RVA lol

What do you suggest at mamma zu's?
Get the white pizza to start and then everything they do is great. It lloks like **** but it's awesome. I would choose Mamma Zu if only doing 1 and only do ribs at Buz & Neds. I get baby backs but they have spare ribs too.

Advertisement
I'm from Richmond and still live there. I'm away at college right now. Most of the bars downtown aren't the best places to watch the game. Home Team Grill, Glory Days, Bar Louie, or Rock Bottom Brewery.
Bar Louie is way out in Short Pump so it depends where he is staying.

Get the white pizza to start and then everything they do is great. It lloks like **** but it's awesome. I would choose Mamma Zu if only doing 1 and only do ribs at Buz & Neds. I get baby backs but they have spare ribs too.
Mama J's is supposed to be good for soul food but i havent eaten there.

Any canes fans here? Im here for work for a few weeks. Looking for a bar to watch the game this weekend.
Where are you staying in Richmond.

Short Pump is the burbs and all chains for the most part. Downtown in the Bottom and the Slip is fun too. There is a pretty big brew pub down there near the River, but to be honest lots of places will have TVs. However the fan is a great place. Used to be place called Banditos that was great for NFL. However all the resturants in the fan White Dog, Sticky Rice, 2 Monkey's, Starlight, and any of the others are great for food.

If you have tats show them off mane.....Richmond was a city

Where are you staying in Richmond.

Short Pump is the burbs and all chains for the most part. Downtown in the Bottom and the Slip is fun too. There is a pretty big brew pub down there near the River, but to be honest lots of places will have TVs. However the fan is a great place. Used to be place called Banditos that was great for NFL. However all the resturants in the fan White Dog, Sticky Rice, 2 Monkey's, Starlight, and any of the others are great for food.

If you have tats show them off mane.....Richmond was a city
A whole bunch of breweries opened in Scott's Addition too but I'm not up on that. I loved living there - 8 years.

Advertisement
@RVACane Dont think I told you but I visited Wachovia about 10 years ago and stayed two nights at the Jeffersonian. Beautiful hotel. One night ate at the hotel, another night at a really nice steak house.

A whole bunch of breweries opened in Scott's Addition too but I'm not up on that. I loved living there - 8 years.
Really? I lived there is '07 and '08. Short Pump was brand new then hahha.

However i did really like living in Richmond. It was a great place. Great local bars and places to eat. Not a lot of chains downtown and in the fan. i lived in the museum district while i was there.

Im here in Richmond the last 11 years. Im up on the beer and bar seen. a lot of great options already listed but I will throw in another place they didn't list but it is fairly new. Place is Wood and Iron in North Chesterfield, suburb of Richmond. 10 minute travel from heart of Richmond.

Advertisement
Really? I lived there is '07 and '08. Short Pump was brand new then hahha.

However i did really like living in Richmond. It was a great place. Great local bars and places to eat. Not a lot of chains downtown and in the fan. i lived in the museum district while i was there.
Scott's Addition has exploded with them in the last few years. You'd be shocked at it today. They do the band and food truck thing at some of these places too.

I think im in Chesterfield off Midlothian turnpike im doing some work at Virginia Union University down the road from VCU

Advertisement
Back