Richie Petitbon-Grad Transfer

Advertisement
Great bloodlines, all the way back to his grandfather/great grandfather(?) of the same name who was an all time player for the Chicago Bears, and a great NFL coach.

Yeap, that's him.
The only thing I know about him is that his family is neighbors with my dentist, and he was ****ed when the kid and
some of his Bama OL teammates came over his house for a birthday party and ate/drank all of his stuff.
LOL.

Uhhhh I’d rather play Cleveland reed and let Boulware/Donaldson stay at one spot instead of boulware being moved around and Donaldson playing a position he never should’ve been playing. There’s this thing called continuity that you need up front and if you don’t have it because you’re moving dudes around then you’re probably going to stink up the joint.
How did the continuity work at the QB position going into last season? You’d rather play a kid who just redshirted and have no idea how good he is? Boulware started and played LG the whole season and wasn’t anything special and let’s not act like Donoldson was going back and forth all year. He was switched back after 4 games and again wasn’t anything special.

Continuity thing is BS. You have a chance to get a kid who is three years removed from High School with two years left to play, you go get that dude who was highly sought after. Talent and competition bring out the best of people and may the best player play.

How did the continuity work at the QB position going into last season? You’d rather play a kid who just redshirted and have no idea how good he is? Boulware started and played LG the whole season and wasn’t anything special and let’s not act like Donoldson was going back and forth all year. He was switched back after 4 games and again wasn’t anything special.

Continuity thing is BS. You have a chance to get a kid who is three years removed from High School with two years left to play, you go get that dude who was highly sought after. Talent and competition bring out the best of people and may the best player play.
So he could end up another Venzell Boulware? The same guy you’re complaining about? FYI Tennessee had a pretty good line when he was there too.

Continuity isn’t BS. It’s why the line improved at the end of the season. Maybe if Searels didn’t change his line the same way he changes his underwear then maybe they might’ve been ok instead of completely awful.

Uhhhh I’d rather play Cleveland reed and let Boulware/Donaldson stay at one spot instead of boulware being moved around and Donaldson playing a position he never should’ve been playing. There’s this thing called continuity that you need up front and if you don’t have it because you’re moving dudes around then you’re probably going to stink up the joint.
Somebody finally gets it even though id like him Kennedy is BY FAR more important if I had to choose

Advertisement
Yeap, that's him.
The only thing I know about him is that his family is neighbors with my dentist, and he was ****ed when the kid and
some of his Bama OL teammates came over his house for a birthday party and ate/drank all of his stuff.
LOL.
You expect them to be dainty and sip tea with their pinkies out and nibble on some finger food and to claim to be stuffed 3/4 way through the first one?

So he could end up another Venzell Boulware? The same guy you’re complaining about? FYI Tennessee had a pretty good line when he was there too.

Continuity isn’t BS. It’s why the line improved at the end of the season. Maybe if Searels didn’t change his line the same way he changes his underwear then maybe they might’ve been ok instead of completely awful.
How does Searles change his underwear? On a regular schedule? 3X a week? As needed? When his wife starts to complain?

Just wondering how others do it....now that you raised it. Oh, I'm asking for a friend. Personally I don't care.

Advertisement
Would definitely kick the tires on this guy was highly rated out of high school has good size and prolly would start for us if he did transfer here would sure up one of the guard spots.
You mean like the wasted scholly dude from LSU? What's his name again?

Yes you take him. You dont pass on talented lineman that have been in college S&C program like Bama. OL has been the downfall at the U more than anything else. It drives our success or lack of it.

Take this guy and hopefully he takes snaps from Mahoney. Idk if the staff plans on keeping Donaldson at G next year but in case they don’t then Boulware and this guy could start inside, Gaynor at C, and Donaldson and Scaife at T. Then Reed Mahoney Campbell Herbert and Hillary battle it out for snaps.

Advertisement

Boulware wasn’t half the prospect as Petitbon was. Top 75 on all sites, Boulware was barely a 4 star and believe he was 3 on some sites. And selling me on that Tennessee has a good line lol. Bama has guys like Leatherwood and Neal coming in and a host of other 5 stars, he needs an poourtunity.

And wow you just talked about continuity and then said our OL coach switches it up like he changes underwear. News flash if he hasn’t stuck with 5 guys by now, he never will.

Boulware wasn’t half the prospect as Petitbon was. Top 75 on all sites, Boulware was barely a 4 star and believe he was 3 on some sites. And selling me on that Tennessee has a good line lol. Bama has guys like Leatherwood and Neal coming in and a host of other 5 stars, he needs an poourtunity.

And wow you just talked about continuity and then said our OL coach switches it up like he changes underwear. News flash if he hasn’t stuck with 5 guys by now, he never will.
Stop telling me he’s a top 75 guy. I don’t care, 5 of the top 8 projected OT’s for the draft weren’t even in the top 500, one was even a 6’7 225 TE out of high school, and 7 of the 10 of the top OTs weren’t even in the top 250. Bama isn’t this O-line factory...very few of them are high round draft picks and mos their high round picks from Saban’s tenured have come in the last 3-4 years and Brent Key isn’t a great coach which has been known since his days at UCF where he held the OL title with the recruiting coordinator title.

I also am expecting Searels to be fired at the end of the signing period since he isn’t giving out offers anymore...being fired and not giving offers usually go hand and hand.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I asked about this kid in the other transfer thread but didn't get a response. If he's interested you definitely take this kid. It's called depth. When we have a kid like Mahoney getting snaps then we're nowhere near being ok in the trenches.

Advertisement
Back