Richie Leonard 3* OL

Advertisement
75186CC0-D202-4A8B-99DC-BD7D53D0C0A2.jpeg

#DecisionRespected

With Smith on board and Denis likely, I like his teammate a bit more for that last OG spot. I think Mincey's money will be made inside. He is a mean **** and not sure if he has the feet for OT, and that's ok. Obviously continue to recruit this kid because he can play here. I just like some others a bit more if we are having that conversation. I feel like we need bare minimum 2 sure thing OT's. If you want to take Mincey and try him at RT first then by all means, go for it. The worst case is he moves inside. Obviously more names will emerge, but continue to cast this net as wide as possible ...

Advertisement
Advertisement
How many OL we taking? 5? What you think of a class of Rivers and/or Walker, This dude, Denis, Smith, and maybe Mincey if Miami misses on one of the mentioned? Highly doubt we are getting Dumervil unless we have an amazing season.

Sounds like the classes we've been bringing in. Some quality guys but barely any real tackle prospects. The only guy I see as a legit tackle prospect out of that group is Walker, and he's more of a RT IMO

Advertisement
I saw that Caziah Holmes is coming to Orlando with Leonard

Holmes is very interesting. I think he has genuine interest in Miami and FSU. And I think he is firm in his stance that he wants to play RB, which it looks like Miami and FSU would give him the opportunity to do.

At Miami, you've got a stronger current depth chart, and you've got Chaney to compete with.

At FSU, you've got a much better chance to play early, but you're probably going to be coming in with Knighton and possibly Toafili. It will be very interesting to see what Holmes actually winds up doing is BOTH those kids commit and remain firm with FSU. I think these dominoes will go all the way to NSD. I find it hard to believe FSU is going to sign all 3 of those kids, but you never know. This has the makings of a lot of drama all the way to the end.

Holmes is very interesting. I think he has genuine interest in Miami and FSU. And I think he is firm in his stance that he wants to play RB, which it looks like Miami and FSU would give him the opportunity to do.

At Miami, you've got a stronger current depth chart, and you've got Chaney to compete with.

At FSU, you've got a much better chance to play early, but you're probably going to be coming in with Knighton and possibly Toafili. It will be very interesting to see what Holmes actually winds up doing is BOTH those kids commit and remain firm with FSU. I think these dominoes will go all the way to NSD. I find it hard to believe FSU is going to sign all 3 of those kids, but you never know. This has the makings of a lot of drama all the way to the end.

Holmes names FSPOO his leader after attending their scrimmage a few weeks ago. I think both he and Leonard end up there. I think Knighton will end up here breaking the so called Deerfield curse.

Holmes names FSPOO his leader after attending their scrimmage a few weeks ago. I think both he and Leonard end up there. I think Knighton will end up here breaking the so called Deerfield curse.

End up being the key words in your post. I am fairly confident Knighton commits to FSU very soon. Where he signs is another story. And, as I said, I think Holmes and Knighton will go down to the wire. I just can't see Holmes actually signing an FSU LOI if Knighton and Toafili are already in. This one will be interesting.

Advertisement
Well, TOS got a brief interview with Holmes and Leonard after the scrimmage yesterday. Based on Holmes' comments, it seems like Miami went from favorite to really has alot of work to do. Probably because we aren't recruiting him as hard for RB. FSU the clear favorite. Doesn't know if he will get back to Miami this summer. Leonard seems much more interested. The staff can go out an watch spring practice/games now so our board will probably firm up a bit. Knighton is a big question here I think. Is the interest in Miami his or his dad's?

Personally, I will be watching to see what OOS guys we go observe during this period. Especially after the positive feedback coming from some of those visits recently.....

Well, TOS got a brief interview with Holmes and Leonard after the scrimmage yesterday. Based on Holmes' comments, it seems like Miami went from favorite to really has alot of work to do. Probably because we aren't recruiting him as hard for RB. FSU the clear favorite. Doesn't know if he will get back to Miami this summer. Leonard seems much more interested. The staff can go out an watch spring practice/games now so our board will probably firm up a bit. Knighton is a big question here I think. Is the interest in Miami his or his dad's?

Personally, I will be watching to see what OOS guys we go observe during this period. Especially after the positive feedback coming from some of those visits recently.....
My personal opinion, Holmes doesn't want competition. Will sign with the Noles

Last edited:
For those that don't know Cocoa has been about that Bagman business respect my decision life and gator country bigtime unless the money is right then they are open to anyone.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back