Rich Rod

It would be an interesting hire.

However at Michigan he went
7-6
5-7
3-9

And then Hoke comes in and wins 11 games.

Would it be the Michigan RichRod or the Arizona/West Virginia Rich Rod

Michigan didn't have the athletes to run his system. Just like Miami doesn't have the athletes to run Al Golden's defense. It was a bad fit from the start.

Advertisement
Again, this is another pie-in-the-sky scenario, akin to recycling the unemployable Butch Davis. Rodriguez probably isn't going any place, least of all to Miami. Forget all the other reasons, money is the key . . . He makes more than $2.5 million and has a $500,000 buyout (not that big a deal). But he has a ridiculous longevity clause, tied into a limited partnership, that currently is worth more than $6 million if he finishes out his contract.
That's not crazy money, especially by SEC standards, but likely beyond what Miami would be willing to pay.

The last list I saw (USA Today), Rodriguez was making 2.0 million. I think Miami will pay up to 4 million to get who they want.

He's not leaving Zona. In the WVU theme, I might actually consider Holgorsen (over Mario and some other clowns that get lots of mentions) though. I like that he's a functioning alcoholic. Kinda reminds me of Dennis.

Holgorsen????? Hahaha! Dude is 18-20 since 2012. Dumbazz fan alert Big O!! Lol

And Luigi is 3-9 since then. Doesn't stop some morons from constantly bringing his name up. I'm not even saying Drunk Dana would be in my top 20 as a replacement but him after 40 vodka Red Bulls on a Saturday morning would still be better than Cristobal. #BodyBagLyfe

Advertisement
Again, this is another pie-in-the-sky scenario, akin to recycling the unemployable Butch Davis. Rodriguez probably isn't going any place, least of all to Miami. Forget all the other reasons, money is the key . . . He makes more than $2.5 million and has a $500,000 buyout (not that big a deal). But he has a ridiculous longevity clause, tied into a limited partnership, that currently is worth more than $6 million if he finishes out his contract.
That's not crazy money, especially by SEC standards, but likely beyond what Miami would be willing to pay.

The last list I saw (USA Today), Rodriguez was making 2.0 million. I think Miami will pay up to 4 million to get who they want.

Sorry, you might want to update your numbers or subscribe to another source.

Advertisement
Back