Rich Rod

Advertisement
Great coach who was not given enough time at Michigan simply because he never played for Bo.

No interest in Miami. Well-paid at Arizona and terrific facilities. Already dealt with dysfunctional fan base at Michigan - would want no part of this crew.

Advertisement
He'll never be able to win as big at Zona as he could at Miami. The pay works out about right, his schemes couldn't be a better fit, he's proven and he's still got that fire to win big at a big time program.

Dude is the only one who should even be mentioned in the same vein as Butch Davis. It's those 2 and then everyone else as far as I'm concerned

Advertisement
Advertisement
One, I don't think he would leave Arizona to come here for reason others have said above. Also it would take him time to implement and recruit players for his spread system just like it did at Michigan. His transition to Arizona was seamless because they ran the same offense and had the players he needed for his system. At Michigan were he was trying to transition from the previous staff pro style offense it was much more difficult for him. This fan base wouldn't and shouldn't give him the time he would need to make that transition

Last edited:
It would be an interesting hire.

However at Michigan he went
7-6
5-7
3-9

And then Hoke comes in and wins 11 games.

So there were people who could play on that team...RichRod just didn't have them in the right place, and so what would happen if he comes here. Would it be the Michigan RichRod or the Arizona/West Virginia Rich Rod.

I like him, but I hate the 3-3-5 stack garbage.

Would welcome him with open arms if he leaves Casteel in Tucson.

Advertisement
He's not leaving Zona. In the WVU theme, I might actually consider Holgorsen (over Mario and some other clowns that get lots of mentions) though. I like that he's a functioning alcoholic. Kinda reminds me of Dennis.

Again, this is another pie-in-the-sky scenario, akin to recycling the unemployable Butch Davis. Rodriguez probably isn't going any place, least of all to Miami. Forget all the other reasons, money is the key . . . He makes more than $2.5 million and has a $500,000 buyout (not that big a deal). But he has a ridiculous longevity clause, tied into a limited partnership, that currently is worth more than $6 million if he finishes out his contract.
That's not crazy money, especially by SEC standards, but likely beyond what Miami would be willing to pay.

He's not leaving Zona. In the WVU theme, I might actually consider Holgorsen (over Mario and some other clowns that get lots of mentions) though. I like that he's a functioning alcoholic. Kinda reminds me of Dennis.

Holgorsen????? Hahaha! Dude is 18-20 since 2012. Dumbazz fan alert Big O!! Lol

Advertisement
Back